Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By INA Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:33 pm
pre launch order in nova musik is 650 $
By Upright Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:59 am
INA wrote:pre launch order in nova musik is 650 $

Where is everybody getting these prices from? I went to novamusik http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?cl ... keyword=70 and I don't see anything about a pre launch or a price of 650$, they say something about e-mail them for a special price but then they list it as 799.99. Besides wouldn't pre-launch already be over , seeing how the Mpc 500 is already available? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Just wondering? :)
By 4000is1monster Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:43 am
Ive seen some of you posted pics already of your own personal mpc 500, like the guy that was holding his in front of his 2500. Where/how did you get yours alreayd. My local GC didnt have one today or last friday and the local Sam Ash didnt even know what the hell I was talking about, they never heard of an mpc 500.
By Upright Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:54 am
4000is1monster wrote:Ive seen some of you posted pics already of your own personal mpc 500, like the guy that was holding his in front of his 2500. Where/how did you get yours alreayd. My local GC didnt have one today or last friday and the local Sam Ash didnt even know what the hell I was talking about, they never heard of an mpc 500.

I got mine at GC(I would have prefered sam ash) they had them when I went in on monday. You might want to call and ask them when they are going to have them in stock. :)
By INA Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:43 am
E-mail them and you'll get that price
By Upright Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:15 am
INA wrote:E-mail them and you'll get that price

Oh ok........did you order one yet? If not do you plan on getting one?

By INA Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:00 pm
yes, i'll do next monday
By INA Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:03 pm
Upright wrote:
INA wrote:E-mail them and you'll get that price

Oh ok........did you order one yet? If not do you plan on getting one?

do you reccomend it?
By Upright Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:40 pm
INA wrote:
Upright wrote:

do you reccomend it?

I do reccomend it. Highly.It is an awesome machine!!1 It's really easy to use(if you read your manual) Works perfectly with my 2500.

By OrakleMusik Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:01 pm
Don't get the MPC 500 pimp... That thing is garbage, and your better off spending a couple hundred more and getting an MPC 1000... Much better... The 500 isn't worth the money.... trust
By OrakleMusik Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:03 pm
Upright wrote:
INA wrote:
Upright wrote:
I do reccomend it. Highly.It is an awesome machine!!1 It's really easy to use(if you read your manual) Works perfectly with my 2500.

what exactly is the point of getting a 500 when you already have the 2500????

By INA Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:35 pm
OrakleMusik wrote:Don't get the MPC 500 pimp... That thing is garbage, and your better off spending a couple hundred more and getting an MPC 1000... Much better... The 500 isn't worth the money.... trust

are u an owner or have you tested it, oracle?

I've been an 1k user, an earlier one, and sold it because was angry with old os and it was not portable at all. I was saving for a 3000 or for the 2500, but now I'm seduced by the new 500. Seems truly portable and the only fact I need to know is if it has the audio power of the mpc series. I use to travel a lot, and sure i'll use it. I prefeer editing samples in my computer. I'm sure too that i'll go for a 2500 in future, but I just want to know if this little demon sounds like his big brothers. That's enoght for me.
By Upright Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:07 pm
OrakleMusik wrote:
Upright wrote:
INA wrote:
Upright wrote:

what exactly is the point of getting a 500 when you already have the 2500????

Portability.......for example just today I went up to starbucks took my 500 and set down and made a track. It was nice. Didn't even need a power supply because it runs on batteries. :wink: Now that I am at home I can load everything up to my 2500 by just inserting the CF card, it's that simple.

This is impossible with the 2500. Plus I have so much stuff hooked up to my 2500 that it would be a hassle to disconnect it everytime I wanted to take it somewhere.