Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Upright Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:24 pm
I noticed that when I am working in the track mode that all the tracks have numbers next to them.........meaning that none of the tracks say "unused" when there is no event data on them. This can get a little confusing sometimes not knowing which tracks have data on them and which do not. This info also transfers to the larger mpc's making it a problem there also.The best workaround I have found for this is naming the tracks as soon as you create them.

I still prefer to see the "unused" on tracks that have no event data. :)

Maybe akai will update this in the future.It wouldn't hurt.

By mnh2410 Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:31 pm
So how many tracks have you layed down so far just using your mpc500 and is the transfering from your 500 to your 2500 an easy go for you or are there small problems that get in your way other than the unused tracks issue?

Nicole

By Upright Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:50 pm
Between reading the manual and learning different functions I have made about 6 or 7 tracks.There are no problems at all transfering.This is the only issue I have noticed and it's not even really a problem I'm just not use to it.

By Lampdog Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:34 pm
Upright wrote:There are no problems at all transfering.

Transferring to what MPC and what exact files?

By strength Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:34 pm
that is a pain in the ass, on the 1000 after u delete a track it doesnt go back to 'unused' either. i usually just let the track play solo and see if theres anything on it but i dont think the 500 has a 'track solo' button

By Upright Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:40 am
strength wrote:that is a pain in the ass, on the 1000 after u delete a track it doesnt go back to 'unused' either. i usually just let the track play solo and see if theres anything on it but i dont think the 500 has a 'track solo' button

Yeah It does have solo. Hit track mute then turn the data wheel clockwise this will bring up the solo feature. Each pad represents a track and in the upper right hand corner you can change your banks there. :)

By medullabuzz Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:58 pm
Upright wrote:
strength wrote:that is a pain in the ass, on the 1000 after u delete a track it doesnt go back to 'unused' either. i usually just let the track play solo and see if theres anything on it but i dont think the 500 has a 'track solo' button

Yeah It does have solo. Hit track mute then turn the data wheel clockwise this will bring up the solo feature. Each pad represents a track and in the upper right hand corner you can change your banks there. :)

NICE!!!!!!!

By pad-ophiliac Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:01 am

it does go back to "unused" if you delete a track. you must be using the "erase" button. highlight the track hit window and delete from there.

By strength Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:28 pm
big up!