Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By strength Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:21 am
come on fellas what all this talk about the 500 being a toy. is it the portability, the covenience? does that make laptops toys? think about it. hip hop used to be made live with two turntables, and a mixer. then came the 808's and sp 12's and all that stuff , which had "that sound" but was very basic, those mothafucckas from the 80's never dreamed about having something as ill as a sophisticated, pocket sized beat machine.....stop hatin. and yes its expensive but no its not overpriced. can anybody think of anything simular thats a lot cheaper or for that matter anything simular period?

By Upright Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:47 am
Well worth the money!!1 I'm very happy to own one. :D

By J.Daniels Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:05 am
Theres more than enough functions for someone to make quality music with it.

Its fair to say that its abit expensive. but theres not more you really need, if you wanna produce music.and in such a compact portable unit!

By pt3r Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:44 am
If the pads are ok and the os delivers what the manual claims then you have a mighty little box there that will surely let you make a complete beat/song. Heck it provides more functionalities than my 2kxl. But then again I wouldn't trade my 2kxl for any other MPC. Once you get used to a piece of gear and understand it properly, it gets comfortable like a pair of old kicks. They ain't the pretiest but damn there a blessing to my feet.

By Upright Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:33 am
There are two things I would love to see in a future OS.

1.Some sort of automatic chopping system(ChopShop)

2. ....and of corse recordable track mutes would be nice.

By strength Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:43 pm
word the choppin shiit would be cool. hows your workflow with the 500? it takes me a while to trim samples and stuff cause of all the required scrolling around. but i guess ill get used to it. thats the one thing im kinda bummed abot is the screen , wouldve been ill if it was at least like the 60/300. it couldnt cost that much either considering the the big screen they put on the mpd 24

By medullabuzz Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:45 pm
strength wrote:word the choppin shiit would be cool. hows your workflow with the 500? it takes me a while to trim samples and stuff cause of all the required scrolling around. but i guess ill get used to it. thats the one thing im kinda bummed abot is the screen , wouldve been ill if it was at least like the 60/300. it couldnt cost that much either considering the the big screen they put on the mpd 24

My eyes kill me after awhile!!!

By strength Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:46 pm
pt3r wrote:If the pads are ok and the os delivers what the manual claims then you have a mighty little box there that will surely let you make a complete beat/song. Heck it provides more functionalities than my 2kxl. But then again I wouldn't trade my 2kxl for any other MPC. Once you get used to a piece of gear and understand it properly, it gets comfortable like a pair of old kicks. They ain't the pretiest but damn there a blessing to my feet.

word when i went from usin a 2000 to a 1000 i hated it first, felt real cramped but then i got used to the layout and now i zoom around on it without even havin to look

By strength Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:51 pm
medullabuzz wrote:
strength wrote:word the choppin shiit would be cool. hows your workflow with the 500? it takes me a while to trim samples and stuff cause of all the required scrolling around. but i guess ill get used to it. thats the one thing im kinda bummed abot is the screen , wouldve been ill if it was at least like the 60/300. it couldnt cost that much either considering the the big screen they put on the mpd 24

My eyes kill me after awhile!!!

yea i dont know why they chose that tiny screen prpbably had more to do with the available room then expense concerns. its cool thou it reminds of old e-mu and ensoniq samplers

By Upright Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:46 am
Yeah the little screen grows on you after a while , except the strain on the eyes.

By INA Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:01 am
and is Lexus Blue