Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Upright Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:54 pm
medullabuzz wrote:http://www.akaipro.com/supportos.php#MPC500

There seems to be a few improvements and quite a few bug fixes which I find very odd 'cause I haven't had a problem yet.

LOL me either.

are you going to Install it?

By medullabuzz Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:11 pm
I was hoping you were !!! LOL
The only thing that kinda freaks me out is I wont be able to downgrade back to the original because it's not posted on the website. But I'm sure if I have problems and want to go back I'd be able to get it from Akai.
Then again, I'm not having any problems right now.

Screw it, I'll give it a shot.

By LaJProd Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:14 pm
medullabuzz wrote:The only thing that kinda freaks me out is I wont be able to downgrade back to the original because it's not posted on the website.

Isn't there a way you could save it on a disk?!?!

By medullabuzz Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:16 pm
LaJProd wrote:
medullabuzz wrote:The only thing that kinda freaks me out is I wont be able to downgrade back to the original because it's not posted on the website.

I wish. I think the last MPC that could do this was the 2000.

By medullabuzz Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:18 pm
Well, it took me awhile to figure out that you have to power up while holding in the 'SHIFT' button to update (I should've downloaded the 'how to update' document, huh?)

So far, so good. I can't test anymore today as I'm off to work, but I'll definately beat the piss out this **** over the weekend!

By LaJProd Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:34 pm
medullabuzz wrote:
LaJProd wrote:

I wish. I think the last MPC that could do this was the 2000.

I wasn't sure if ya could or not!!!!

By Upright Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:25 pm
medullabuzz wrote:Well, it took me awhile to figure out that you have to power up while holding in the 'SHIFT' button to update (I should've downloaded the 'how to update' document, huh?)

So far, so good. I can't test anymore today as I'm off to work, but I'll definately beat the piss out this **** over the weekend!

Hopefully it works out well.

By lovesign Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:04 am
Installed this last night and all seems well :D
TBH, I never had a problem with the previous OS and I was running 0.9.

By medullabuzz Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:02 pm
I've been using it for three days now, still no problems!

By Upright Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:30 pm
That's good, and I guess you haven't noticed any improvements seeing how the new OS was released so quick.

Keep us posted!!1 :D

By medullabuzz Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:12 pm
Improvements? Well, there was an increased max. feedback for delays added... other than that, there isn't anything else I've noticed. She still seems to be as stable as before, which is definately good news!

By Upright Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:34 pm
:wink:

I may have to upgrade just for the delay feature........thanks for keeping us posted!!1 :D

By medullabuzz Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:34 pm
When it comes to new operating systems, we're all in this together, man - No problems !!!

By Upright Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:59 am
LOL!!1 :lol: :lol: