Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By sasafrasit Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:05 pm
I take it on the train with me, though making basslines is kind of useless cause of all the rumbling. Especially going through tunnels the noise from the train gets really loud, even with good head phones on. So I mainly just chop loops on my way to work. Arriving early, I bang out a couple beats before I clock in, I'm straight.

The **** did freeze up on me TWICE though while I was choppin shit, had to power off and lost the programs/sequences. And that's bogus 'cause I got the Akai EXM-128 and all that. I hope JJ gets on the case with this box as well, would be dope. My 1000 is lovin the work they've done.

The pads on this seem kind of stiff too, compared to my 1000. I gotta' tap 'em harder than I'm used to, even though I adjusted the sensitivity. The pitch/filter adjustment using the q-link slider doesn't sound too smooth either. The pitch bend on my old Korg ES-1 even sounds more natural. But overall, I like it; the box has grown on me. If they fix those few little quirks, I will be straighter than straight.

Anyways, peace y'all, I don't post here too much, just givin' my short evaluation of the box. laterz...

By Upright Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:30 pm
Glad your enjoying your experience, with her!!1 She's the dopest and like you said she has mad potential. :D :D
By jwhaatt07 Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:02 pm
sasafrasit wrote:I take it on the train with me

:roll:

You're asking for someone to rob you!
By 4000is1monster Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:49 pm
depends on where you live, and what train you are taking. If its a local city train that makes stops and shady people get on and off constantly, I wouldnt bring it on there.

But if he takes Amtrak that goes from D.C. to Boston or something and it only makes like 2 stops in between to philly and new york and the tickets cost like $90 one-way, then most likely the people riding that train arent low life ruffians that are going to try to rob you, Most likely they are going to be buisness people.

I know people that take the Amtrak from Philly to NYC and back everyday for work, thats like an hour each way everyday, a 2hr commute. If I had to commute like that Id certainly wouldnt feel uncomfortable using the 500 on the Amtrak.

By Upright Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:34 am
^^Most definitely, you gotta know how to judge your surroundings. :D

By Yoshimi Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:53 am
I'd feel completely comfortable using one on the path train between NJ and NY... but once I stepped off the train, you'd have to have eyes in back of your head...especially at night. That said, most of the time I don't even get a seat on those trains and the longest ride takes 33 minutes...so, it ain't worth bothering with. I'll just chill with an iPod or a magazine.
By jwhaatt07 Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:40 am
SonicLabsAudio wrote:
jwhaatt07 wrote:
sasafrasit wrote:I take it on the train with me

:roll:

You're asking for someone to rob you!

You couldnt rob ish from a toilet bowl? :shock:

for your age,your jokes and comebacks should be wayyy better.....anyway this is america,I would'nt dare take something like that on a train,unless it's full of rich or people who look like they have at least an ounce of class.........

???

By Upright Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:02 am
Yoshimi wrote:I'd feel completely comfortable using one on the path train between NJ and NY... but once I stepped off the train, you'd have to have eyes in back of your head...especially at night. That said, most of the time I don't even get a seat on those trains and the longest ride takes 33 minutes...so, it ain't worth bothering with. I'll just chill with an iPod or a magazine.

true........you can't even get a decent nap in 30min LOL.

By enotide Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:55 am
I'm gonna get mine insured, so I'll be able to take it anywhere.
Cause you can get Jacked at a club doing a gig as well, not just the train.

By Upright Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 pm
enotide wrote:I'm gonna get mine insured, so I'll be able to take it anywhere.
Cause you can get Jacked at a club doing a gig as well, not just the train.

That's true.........I wonder what your going to pay for insurance??? :?

By enotide Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:10 pm
I'll just add it to all the other Music gear and Computer stuff, that is already insured.
It cost me with all my stuff like maybe $6.00 a month, I'll have to see when I add this to it.

By Upright Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:26 pm
Wow, that's actually resonable!!!1 :D