Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Dj Proces Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:42 pm
hey!

I am following these 500 topics since several weeks now and as a former mpc 2000 / 2000 xl user I would like you a very important question.

My mpc 2000 (display) broke down a few years ago and my 2000 xl also started to fail, so I had to put these away. Now I have a 600 Euro to spend on new equipment. What do you fellows think about the mpc 500 after working with it for a few weeks now? I don't care about wavedisplays, I have worked oldschool , so that should not keep me away.

Is it build to last and what about the timing? I have read about mpc 1000 that do not respond well as a mpc 2000. How tight is it and what about the workflow. Is it a good substitude to the 2000's?

Proces

By Upright Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:30 am
The 500 is a very rock solid piece of gear. It just doesn't do as much as the bigger mpc's. I would check the specs on any Mpc that you may be considering and go from there.The lack of some features may or may not bother you. If your asking if the 500 is worth the money......most definitely!!1 As far as timing it's what you would expect from any mpc. :D

By J.Daniels Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:55 am
Wouldnt the quality and response of the pads be the same on the 1k? im not sure as i havent owned either...

Although if it is, then it just depends how you you prioritize. If you want portability, get the 500. Although the 1k has alot more features and the specs are generally alot more favourable.

Basically, both will get the job done. Just depends if you prioritize portability over features and visa versa...

By Upright Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:16 am
I agree.

By Dj Proces Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:29 am
Thanx !