Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By shuffles Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:36 am
Here`s a story about ordering a mpc 500 ...

I am a Belgian, but I currently live and work in New Zealand . I have a mpc 4000 back home in Brussels, and started to miss it so hard, that I decided to place an order with VST. They had a few 500`s in stock. I payed them, and they shipped the mpc with USPS the next day to New Zealand. I got a confirmation number from them, so I could trace the voyage of the mpc .
I was excited about my new purchase ... a portable mpc ... in New Zealand ... sitting on a remote beach ... watch the sun go down ... with a beer and some weed ...making music ...
Everyday, twice a day, I watched the progress of my order with track and trace. From Pasadena to Long Beach, from Long Beach to Los Angeles, and from Los Angeles to ... Auckland - New Zealand !!!!!!
So this morning I watched again to see if the mpc already arrived in Auckland, but surprisingly USPS told me that they tried to deliver the mpc in the Netherlands - Holland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shock:
First I was surprised, what is my mpc doing in Holland ! Isn`t it easier to ship it from Los angeles directly to New Zealand, across the Pacific,
instead of shipping it through Europe.
Then I realised that New Zealand, discovered by a Dutch guy named Abel Tasman, got it`s name from a region - province in Holland, named Zeeland. I know this region in Holland very well, because it`s a strip which borders Belgium and it`s actually the place where I picked up my second-hand (ebay) mpc 4000 .
So my conclusion ... USPS f***cked up big time !!!! I don`t know what to do right now. Zeeland in Holland is not even a country, it`s a province, and I am sure my details I gave them were correct.
So now I am sitting here, in an internet cafe in New Zealand, with my mpc on the other side of the globe, not knowing if I`ll ever get it delivered

:(

By Upright Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:31 am
oooooooooo. Man, that stinks. I feel for you man. Hopefully everything works out, please keep us posted.

By Avene Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:25 am
That sucks! You could have had one of the first in New Zealand. I'm sure my MPC500 would have possibly been the first in Australia, since I brought it from NY, and even now they're still not available here yet. My MPC4000 too was one of the first couple to hit the country here aswell, as I'd ordered it months before they were available.