Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By FullSailStdnt99 Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:01 pm
Whats up,

Ok, so I am trying to use Reason with my MPC.

I saw the tutorial on YouTube, with that one guy showing how to do it with the MPC1000.

I've followed his steps, as far as I know, and I can't seem to get it to record on my MPC.

The thing is, when he says to turn Program OFF, I do so, but when I do that... I can't seem to hear the beat being played. So I think that has something to do with the whole thing...

Please, I know people don't usually reply, but if you could just hit me back with some advice and a step by step instructions to do this...

Thanksyou so much.

By doniguan Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:53 pm
i havent' tried it yet

but in theory, if the mpc is set up to send midi out through a particular channel, and reason is set up to receive that channel, then it should work-

maybe figuring out where the problem is could help?

does reason recognize the midi data? Can you record you playing the mpc into reason via midi?

if so then its probably something in reason thats not communicating properly. Meaning, you got something hooked up wrong.

Does reason not respond when you push the pads? if so then you probably have a setting wrong on the mpc or you dont have reason set up properly to respond to you mpc input.

By threshed Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:02 pm
its very simple..

get a midi interface like an m audio 1x1

select it as your midi input in your reason preferences

plug your midi out of your 500 into you the midi in of your 1x1

set up a multi in your 500 with 16 tracks and selecect a midi out in that order for each track (instead of an internal program)

now that your multi is set up take a look at your hardware interface (in reason), its the rackmount furthest to the top and notice that you can select any device through the channels 1-16. each of these corisponds to each of the tracks within your 500's program 1-16.

now just assign your reason instruments to the track you want to controll them in your 500 via reasons hardware interface.

and before you start recording a sequence save the un used sequence as reason and load it several times so you dont have to copy of worry about dupllicating sequence data and having to erase it everytime you want to make a new sequence.

enjoy

By 2KXL4life Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:58 pm
problem i have is mixing down the reason project when all the notes are recorded on the mpc and not reason