Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By Upright Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:52 am
Nice.............Congratulations!!!1 One more person to discuss the 500 with!!!1

Cool little box it comes in huh??

By enotide Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:01 pm
Yeah it's cool, much better than the 1k's box (as far as graphic design an stuff).
I noticed it doesn't read 2kxl formatted CF cards, and vice versa (I guess different OS are probably to blame, I'm new to all the CF card stuff also).
That's not a big deal, cause I have ways to get the 2kxl stuff (SCSI zip drive to USB zip drive) to my G5, then straight to the 500 from there.
I need to pick up a USB card reader I guess to save a step.

I also have to get used to the feel of this thing, I so used to how the 2kxl feels.
But it's only been 1 day, so I'll take it to work an figure more out there.

By Upright Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:02 pm
If you need anything don't hesitate to ask , I mean i'm no expert but i'll be more than happy to help where I can. :D
By doniguan Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:57 pm
Got my baby mpc-

its the first time i ever experienced one of these bad boys. So far i've gotten around pretty quickly- but it will take some getting used to.

Ive never used an mpc before, but it seems like you really have to give the pads a confirming TAP to get them to respond lively...

other than that, still readin the manual!

By 2KXL4life Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:49 pm
man if thats ur first and only mpc take it back man

By its bena Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:00 pm
doniguan. learn how to use full level & 12 levels(see manual), so you have greater control over volume. callous fingers, no good.

enjoy that thing. dont mind the haters (there will be many, especially in these forums).

By lovesign Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:46 pm
Upright wrote:Cool little box it comes in huh??

As my MPC500 was a pre-production model, it only came in a plain white box. What's so cool about the retail packaging ? I'm intruiged :) :)

By doniguan Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:29 pm
mine just came in a black gloss box with the mpc500 printed on the front...nothing special. It is pretty i guess :)

Thanks for the 12 levels/Full levels tip, i accidentally hit that button a few times and was wondering what was going on.

This lil' box is radically different from anything i've ever used before but its so much fun!

By enotide Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:43 pm
lovesign wrote:
Upright wrote:Cool little box it comes in huh??

As my MPC500 was a pre-production model, it only came in a plain white box. What's so cool about the retail packaging ? I'm intruiged :) :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/AKAI-MPC500-MPC-500 ... dZViewItem

Check the auction for a pic, it's not a big deal but it looks better than the 1K's box.

By lovesign Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:15 pm

By Upright Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:43 pm
This is my box. I was shocked at how small it was and the design on the box reminded me of a shoe box or something.....especially with it being so small.

By es-k Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:48 pm
my 1k case was different than that

but yeah,.. looks like a cool little mpc. i def wouldnt mind having one..

i have a 1k now though, with the JJ OS and im content.. i'll most likely get an older mpc 2kxl/3k or an ASR or something next.,. we'll see

By enotide Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:01 pm
I still prefer the Feel of the 2KXL, it's just so comfortable to make beats with.
I've had it about 2 or 3 years now, it feels nice.
I like the 500, I just have to get used to it.

By Avene Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:58 pm
Yeah, I love the box they come in aswell.