Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By 4000is1monster Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:00 am
I left this part out because It really wasnt relavent to my original post but... While I was standing at the pro audio counter this older guy walks up to a salesman on the floor and asks him about a "looper" that his son had showed him and that he wanted to by one for himself.

I instantly knew what the older man was talking about, a phrase looper for guitars like the Roland RC-50 is a device that records phrases that you play into the device and it allows you to layer looped phrases ontop of each other and also allows you to change tempo, kind of like an mpc for your guitar.

The salesman had no idea what it was and tried to tell the older man that what his son was talking about was probabbly some kind of sequencer or software like ableton. The older man said no... it was hardware like a stompbox. I was dealing with the a$$hole that was trying to jip me on a MPC 500 so I didnt have time to go over and tell the guy that I know what it was that he was looking for and that he was in the wrong department.

If I had had time enough I would have told the older man that a guy on the philadelphia craigslist was selling the bigger version of the same device used for damn near the price of what they where going to charge him there for the basic model, but i was busy.

Now... how come I knew what the guy was talking about and the salesman who's job it is to know about this kind of stuff didnt... he didnt even try to figure out what it was that he was talking about... he just made up some bull$hit about what it might be which was totaly wrong.
By masterbeater Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:58 pm
...i just got an e-mail from them and it says $650...their store price has been change too. $650 plus Akai's free memory coupon.