Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By crackpanther Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:35 pm
Whatup everyone, I'm a huge roland mv8k fan, but I gotta get something portable. Nothing has the features or screen like the mpc500 so I'm pretty set on it, even if the price is kinda steep I can't wait to be making beats on an airplane.

My question is, because of my mv8k I'm so used to being able to record my songs directly onto the harddrive and do a quick mix and master on my unit. But with the mpc I understand I"ll have to record to an outside source. My question is, can I use some sort of removable media in order to save all my samples and songs files on so I don't have to record before I can do another song. Bottom Line: Can I backup my work in a really convinient way.

By Upright Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:45 am
Oh of course you can!!1 If your talking large amounts of wave data, yeah you will need to get a Compact Flash card to save your samples on.

I'm curious, what will be your method to get the tracks you make on the 500 into your MV8000?? :?

By thebizness Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:41 am
upright what way would you rec on getting files onto the mv 8000

By Upright Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:49 am
I guess there is only one way now that I think about it and that would be the outputs of the 500 to the inputs of the MV, right?? Or record the wave data to a PC and then transfer it to the MV via USB.

I don't really know much about the MV. can't really say how you would do it , I don't own an MV.

By crackpanther Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:16 am
I just mentioned that with the mv cause I'm used to being able to record my beats on my drum machine, and not having to track out into another program which is what I will be doing with the mpc500.

I dont have any interface so I'm probably just gonna use the mpc500 as a scratchpad/toy to play around with ideas if I wanna produce in the park or something round school. I wouldn't dump the tracks into the mv, I'm just gonna have to buy some sort of interface I guess.

By Upright Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:33 am
ONe of the best things about have the 500 is the ability to upload everything that you are working onto your studio mpc to finish up your work. You could always record the work into you MV i guess.

By BLACKSOUNDMPC Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:38 pm
I'll trade you 1 of my MPC2000xl w/ the drives.....get at me ASAP
charlieblacksound at yahoo :D

By Upright Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:10 pm
^^what??? :?

By mnh2410 Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:36 am

Dont forget the MV can act as an hard disc recorder basically meaning u can record audio into it. So the stuff u do on the mpc500 can be recorded directly into your MV or you could put the 128mb expansion into your mpc500 and resample(will allow the beat to become an .wav file) that way you can send that file to your PC or MV. Your choice. So dont think u gotta go buy a interface to get your beats out of the mpc500.

Nicole