Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By jowdjo Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:13 pm
I bough my MPC 500 at VSTService for 640$ plus ship and tax's and it comes with power cable and 128 memory card. im so happy :D

By maxxcarnage Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:22 pm
I've found that if you consistently purchase your gear with the same person at GC, they are more apt to giving you a discount. For instance, I scored some KRK Rokit 6 monitors for 360 (out-the-door with extended warranty) even though the list was $399.99 and the warranty was an additional $30.

Also, I've found that if you can wait on one piece of equipment, so that you can buy several all together, they will give you a big cut in price.

You just gotta make them work for their sale. If you prove to them that you understand what you're talking about and what you're looking for, they will break down. Just give it some time.
By 4000is1monster Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:16 am
I called that Audio Lines place 2 days ago asking about that "open box, mint" Mpc 500 they've got in that link that mnh2410 (Nicole) posted like a month ago. The guy said "oh somebody just bought that, I think they were local because it says they just walked in and bought it". But I can do a deal for you for $699 for a brand new one. Then i told him "well Guitar Center is selling them for $699 now also. Then He said "well what if I gave it to you for $699 plus free shipping". I said "Nah I was kind of looking for that $499 deal but since Its been sold already Im gonna look elsewhere".

Then He said well give me your number and Im gonna see if I can get you a really good deal then I'll call you back. That was 2 days ago and I havent heard back from him and the "Open Box Mint" MPC 500 for $499 is still on their website. I think they are using that as some kind of bait and switch to get you to call and then they tell you they are all sold out but we can get you a deal on a brand new one.
By DJStylus Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:30 am
I called about that same unit. Wanted to know why shipping is only $20 and there's no tax but for some reason the shopping cart adds over $60 for the full total. No one ever called me back.

I'll holla at my local folk. They're good to me.

4000is1monster wrote:I called that Audio Lines place 2 days ago asking about that "open box, mint" Mpc 500 they've got in that link that mnh2410 (Nicole) posted like a month ago.

By doublehead Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:49 pm
Like I said, you can get em at Guitar Center for 615 out the door effortlessly. I called the other day and tried with my phone technique and the guy said ok no prob without hesitation or argument. As a matter of fact he conceeded so fast I cant help but wonder if I could get it lower. If you didnt read my technique, its on page 2. If anyone tries and gets it lower, let me know.

By Contra Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:00 am
doublehead wrote:Like I said, you can get em at Guitar Center for 615 out the door effortlessly. I called the other day and tried with my phone technique and the guy said ok no prob without hesitation or argument. As a matter of fact he conceeded so fast I cant help but wonder if I could get it lower. If you didnt read my technique, its on page 2. If anyone tries and gets it lower, let me know.

but he didnt include the power cord or 128mb card did he?"
or is that standard with the unit?
By 4000is1monster Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:18 pm
about a half hour ago my friendly neighborhood UPS driver knocked on my door with a brand new MPC-500 in his hands for me. Guess how much I paid for it?..... $550!!!! good price huh?!?! well it actually came to $584.50 if you include $ 25 for the shipping and a $9 C.O.D. fee but thats just the cost of doing business, if i had got it from the local guitar center sales tax would have been damn near $50 anyway.

I got it from Audio Lines, After I called them last week and then didnt hear back from them. Well, on Monday I went to their website where they have a section called "make us an offer". I made them an offer of $499.99 because they had that open box mint mpc 500 on their site. I wrote to them that basicly "because you are still advertising it as $499 that what Im offering you". Later that day the guy wrote me an email with is extension number saying that he had an offer for me that was Too low to print. When I called him up he said, " well you know, our webmaster cant keep up with everything that comes in and out of here, thats why its still up on the site", "I can't give it to you for $499 but I can give you a brand new on for $550"

He told me it would be a one time thing and he said "if your friends call up asking for the same thing we're not going to give it to them". He said he had heard that I called in last week also about it so he was going to give me a good deal. Honestly I think thats we these things should be priced at anyway, $549 is a fair price. Thanks to Nicole for giving a heads up on that Audio Lines place, I never would have known about them, and the cool thing about them is you can negotiate a price and they accept C.O.D, which was cool because I had never even heard of them before and didnt really feel comfortable give a credit card online with them because I'd never heard of them.

Another cool thing about C.O.D is that the UPS guy has to give it to you in your hand because he has to collect the money. I had a Fedex guy leave a box at my front door step and it got stolen, luckily sweetwater was extremely cool about it and with no hassle sent me another one, otherwise I would have probably have had to go through a long process of dealing with Fedex to try to get them to pay to replace the item. But I've never had that kind of problem with UPS only the idiots at Fedex.

So now I've got both the biggest and smallest MPC's, Im gonna go upstairs to see how well the 500 plays with its big brother the 4000.

I wonder if its too late to try to send in a coupon for a free exm 128 card, I know its past the deadline of 12/31/06 but maybe if i make up some kind of a story about my order being mixed up or something they'll send it anyway, its only a few days past the deadline and Akai is still advertising the Free EXM on their website.