Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By djsikndahed Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:57 am
really thought this machine was a good idea until my homie brought his over...all i gotta say to all you on the go producers is good luck being able to hear anything coming outta that machine...first thing i thought was, yo i could make beats on the plane when i fly to europe....the volume on that thing is very low to say the least....anybody else have or notice this problem?....holla at me please tell me im buggin.

By lovesign Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:32 am
No problems with volume here.

By INA Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:16 am
you can adjust main volume limiter in other menu I think.
or perhaps you are refearing to non full volume hitting pads?

By pt3r Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:26 pm
or perhaps you're going deaf? Hopefully not.

By Upright Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:06 pm
INA wrote:you can adjust main volume limiter in other menu I think.
or perhaps you are refearing to non full volume hitting pads?

Yeah, it's most definitely a user based problem here and not the mpc 500. It could be the areas that INA mentioned above or it could be your program sample volumes are not at an appropriate level. :D

P.S don't forget about the main volume knob. hahahahahahah!!!!1 :wink:

By enotide Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:33 pm
Also check the Velocity settings in Program Mode (Mode + Pad 6, then 9 or so menus in) if you change that from 100 to what ever is more comfortable then you don't have to hit the pads so hard.
Also change the Sample Level from 70 to 100, i'ts 2 menus in from the program page.
I felt the same way tll I got in there and adjusted things to what I'm used to.
I'm still learning stuff everyday about this machine, I like it more and more.
But My 2KXL is still the Heart of the Lab, the 500 is a Satellite to Mission Control.

By djsikndahed Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:13 pm
ok thats what i wanted to hear from u guys some reasonable explaination on this....the reason i even posted this comment was beacause i thought of all the things you guys listen here, but i went to sample something and the level was madd low...everything was full volume no doubt. 1 thing i did notice is that i couldnt adjust the actual sample(sound) volume to 200 to get that extra outta the sound...1 cat here spoke about volume limit adjustedment, whats that all about?...i dont have the machine anymore my homie jus brought it through for a min. but it would be good if i could explain that to him next time.....-----> it is a cool machine no doubt....i roll witta 2kxl.

By doniguan Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:19 pm
you can adjust the master volume limit under the 'other' section.

If you're saying the mpc-500 has a volume problem because you were trying to sample something and the volume was low, then you may also want to check the source of what you were sampling.

You are bringing in another variable that makes it harder to understand what could be wrong. It could be a connection problem, it could be something wrong with what is sending the signal to the mpc.

If the mpc is showing a low signal input when you're sampling, then its the signal not the mpc.

For an extra boost when sampling, try switching on the mic preamp- it adds a bit more gain.

By djsikndahed Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:51 pm
aha, reading all this tells me the issue is with the main volume limiter....imma try that next time i get my hands on that machine....trust, the sample source was turned up fa-sho...thanks for all the reply's-----cha bwoy!