Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By RANGETDAMONEY Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:52 am
first off i have turntables,what would i need to use to sample off wax on to my 500.also i have acid pro how do i hook my mpc to the computer.are there any videos out schoolin on how to use this thing?how can i put my beats on cd?.

By es-k Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:22 am
you prolly shoulda looked into this before coppin the mpc
By lovesign Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:53 am
RANGETDAMONEY wrote:first off i have turntables,what would i need to use to sample off wax on to my 500.also i have acid pro how do i hook my mpc to the computer.are there any videos out schoolin on how to use this thing?how can i put my beats on cd?.

To sample off vinyl, just hook up the outputs from your decks into the inputs of the MPC500 at the rear. There is a switch on the MPC in between these inputs that allows you to select LINE or MIC level input, depending on what you want to feed in. No extra hardware necessary.

Connect your MPC to your computer via MIDI. You will need some kind of MIDI interface. Most PC soundcards have one, or you can buy USB or FIREWIRE devices. I personally use a Yamaha UX256, but I also utilise the MIDI interface on my Audigy Soundcard and my EZbus mixer. You will then need to set Acid up so it syncs with the MPC. Decide which one you want to use as a slave and which as a master, so that they stay in time with each other. I don't use ACID so can't really go into any great detail about its setup.

I'm not aware of any tutorial video's yet, but keep watchin' places like YouTube as they soon pop up.

Once you've got your beats, if you want to burn them to CD you will need to record the output of your MPC into your PC/Mac as an audio file and burn them from there. You can capture the audio using a freeware app like Audacity, then use something like Windows Media Player or NERO to burn the file to CD.

Hope that helps,

Rob.