Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Dj Proces Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:52 pm
the mpc 500 can resample itself , right? how does that work. if i have made a track in songmode and resample it, does it start resample when i press play or something? anybody know that?

By Upright Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:37 am
Depending on where your threshold is set it will start recording automatically, if your threshold is set really high you'll have to start the recording when you press play.

By Dj Proces Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:31 am
thanx. got my 500 today. played it 4 hours today. I think I'm ready to make my first song within 3 days, if not less. it's so easy!

By Dj Proces Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:53 pm
one question more, why do I only get the left channel when sampling the main out. the sample is correct, the plugs seem allright and I have set the mpc for stereo sampling. somebody?

By SimonInAustralia Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:59 pm
You can sample the main outputs internally, without having to plug in cables, if you are not running the signal through any external effects or processors. To do this, set the Record: setting from Rec In to Main when in Record Mode.

Not sure why you are only getting the left side of the signal recorded though. Are you sre you are changing the Mode: setting from Mono L to Stereo when in Record Mode?

By Dj Proces Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:31 pm
I did not know that it can resample itself internally, thanks.
It was set to stereo, I checked that as soon as I heard the error.
Maybe I only recorded one channel, because I tryed to record it thru cables, but I had it set to record main. maybe that caused a sort of error.

I worked before this machine on a 2000/2000xl. When you formatted a disc it immediatly had a "root" folder , but when formatted a cf card I saw no such of thing. Do we have to make our own "root" folder before we can make smaller files? because it saved 2 projects in one folder, even when I maked a new folder.

By SimonInAustralia Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:53 pm
When you are trying to save into a folder, you should see the folder name in the Save To screen, where you can use the Data Wheel to scroll between the different available folder names, you then need to use the right-arrow button to select the folder that is shown.

It starts off in the 'root' folder, and does not change folders until you use the right-arrow key to go down into a folder, or the left-arrow key to go up out of a folder.