Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By its bena Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:24 pm
love this machine, but a little frustrated/stumped with the saving/loading.

Now I've read this section of the manual many times, and read the previous posts in the forum..but if someone who DOESNT have a problem with saving/loading could please briefly walk us through their routine....that woulud be a lifesaver.

(i.e. saving entire project? or just saving all program & samples/all seq & songs) & exactly how you do it.

gracias

By its bena Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:18 pm
i'll save an "all seq & songs" file in a new folder...then when i go to load it up...nothing there.

By mnh2410 Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:22 pm
its bena wrote:i'll save an "all seq & songs" file in a new folder...then when i go to load it up...nothing there.

Well u do have to save the sounds/programs to in order for the song to play back. If u dont have the sounds/programs u used to create the sequnce/song then its NOT gonna play ne thing.

Nicole

By its bena Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:51 pm
mnh, i'm able to load the sounds and programs. its the ALL seq & songs which disappears on me.

in every previous post concerning this topic, the person having the saving troubles wasn't able to really find help in the forum...they just had to work it out themselves. this is most likely what i'll do. i'll figure it out sooner or later. just a pain in the ass. not explained well in the manual, in my opinion.

By Dj Proces Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:06 pm
wtf, I KNOW it is saving different than the 2000 series, but the following happened: maked a loop 2 days ago. yesterday chopped the loop up and played a well sounding sequence with the sounds. today loaded the project file, and everything played as it suposed to be. changed some stuff, replaced it. turned it off and back on. loaded the project file... got the sequenced file from 2 days ago. $%#$% , wtf? I still got all the chopped sounds, but the sequences I did yesterday are completely gone.

How could this happen? I still got my receipt... I did not pay 600 to get this kind of issues!!

By Dj Proces Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm
could somebody please help me?

By its bena Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:21 pm
process...same thing happened to me. others have not had these issues...so i personally think it has to do with a minor detail in saving and replacing existing files. i lost some edits i had done recently also...i'm going to dig my head in the manual this weeknd and hopefully get to the root of the problem by next week. i'll keep u informed

By Upright Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:36 am
Dj Proces wrote:wtf, I KNOW it is saving different than the 2000 series, but the following happened: maked a loop 2 days ago. yesterday chopped the loop up and played a well sounding sequence with the sounds. today loaded the project file, and everything played as it suposed to be. changed some stuff, replaced it. turned it off and back on. loaded the project file... got the sequenced file from 2 days ago. $%#$% , wtf? I still got all the chopped sounds, but the sequences I did yesterday are completely gone.

How could this happen? I still got my receipt... I did not pay 600 to get this kind of issues!!

Make sure when you save your data that you are saving the "save all prgm and samples" also the "save all songs and sequence" saving both of these insures that your data will be saved correctly after you have made changes to your tracks :D

By SimonInAustralia Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:53 pm
Dj Proces wrote:I did not pay 600 to get this kind of issues!!
No, if they are issues, then you bought early into the product's OS life cycle to get these kind of issues!

I wouldn't expect any MPC OS to be really stable before at least a few OS updates.

By Dj Proces Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:19 pm
Upright... I did not yet saved anything as 'all prgms & snds' or as 'all seq & songs' ( + mpc 2000 only saves like this :wink: ) . It happened when I tried to replace my project file. I did the beat over yesterday, and when I erased the folder where I kept it in, and maked a new folder for the same beat the problem was solved. I think it has something to do with replacing or I simply made a mistake. it was the second time it happened that is why I am a little worried. but it could ofcourse be "user error". thanks anyway.

Simon ,the OS should be good, I am running 1.10. I am curious what I did wrong, so I will try saving a couple of times, but today I want to finish the first ( very simple) beat. Just want to know what this thing is capable of :twisted: . When I know more about my problem I wil post it here. maybe it will help some others, right its bena :wink:

thanks guys for the help. I am very pleased with this community :D

By SimonInAustralia Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:36 pm
It could be that most people on here are not saving the entire memory as project files like you are, but are using the seperate Program/Sound and Sequence/Song saving and loading, and therefore might not have noticed the bug you might be experiencing (if it is a bug).
Last edited by SimonInAustralia on Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Upright Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:05 pm
Dj Proces wrote:Upright... I did not yet saved anything as 'all prgms & snds' or as 'all seq & songs' ( + mpc 2000 only saves like this :wink: ) . It happened when I tried to replace my project file. I did the beat over yesterday, and when I erased the folder where I kept it in, and maked a new folder for the same beat the problem was solved. I think it has something to do with replacing or I simply made a mistake. it was the second time it happened that is why I am a little worried. but it could ofcourse be "user error". thanks anyway.

Simon ,the OS should be good, I am running 1.10. I am curious what I did wrong, so I will try saving a couple of times, but today I want to finish the first ( very simple) beat. Just want to know what this thing is capable of :twisted: . When I know more about my problem I wil post it here. maybe it will help some others, right its bena :wink:
thanks guys for the help. I am very pleased with this community :D

I'm sorry I have a 2500 also so I get the lingo mixed up some times.....anyway any time you make changes to a program, track, sample, or what ever you need to save "entire memory" this will insure that everything is saved properly :D

By Upright Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:06 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:It could be that most people on here are not saving the entire memory.

this is the problem!!1