Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By SimonInAustralia Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:54 pm
jowdjo wrote:Yeah I know, I use the RCA cable plugged into PhoneOUT on MPC... but it got a red and yellow in's cable and its impossible to save sound for computer..
So, does that cable have a large headphone plug (1/4 inch TRS-Tip/Ring/Sleeve) on one end, and then 2 RCA plugs on the other end?

By jowdjo Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:55 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:
jowdjo wrote:Yeah I know, I use the RCA cable plugged into PhoneOUT on MPC... but it got a red and yellow in's cable and its impossible to save sound for computer..
So, does that cable have a large headphone plug (1/4 inch TRS-Tip/Ring/Sleeve) on one end, and then 2 RCA plugs on the other end?

yes, the 2 RCA plugs got two colors red and yellow for left and right

By SimonInAustralia Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:01 pm
jowdjo wrote:yes, the 2 RCA plugs got two colors red and yellow for left and right
OK, well if you can find 2 of those RCA-1/4 inch jack adapters, then you could use that cable you already have into your X-Station25.

By jowdjo Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:03 pm
How? I got 2 cables of RCA

By SimonInAustralia Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:33 pm
Not impossible wih those adapters, maybe?

By jowdjo Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:38 pm
:idea:
I just made a photoshop image to you tell me if this cable exists... my mind can only design this type of cable for my situation.
Check it :arrow: http://krpt.no.sapo.pt/p7376.jpg

By SimonInAustralia Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:01 pm
jowdjo wrote::idea:
I just made a photoshop image to you tell me if this cable exists... my mind can only design this type of cable for my situation.
Check it :arrow: http://krpt.no.sapo.pt/p7376.jpg
That sort of cable does exist.

That is an unbalanced 1/4 inch plug to balanced male XLR/Cannon.

Which output on the MPC do you want to connect to which input on the X-Station25 with that cable?

Can't you just use an unbalanced 1/4 inch plug to unbalanced 1/4 inch plug, which is a normal guitar/instrument cable?

By jowdjo Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:04 pm
I want to plug in "Input 1" of my xstation and the output "R & L" of MPC... for that I need one more "Banana" (therm used in portugal) instead 1 only...
You know what I mean?

By jowdjo Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:21 pm
mnh2410 wrote:
You could also do resampling.(if you have the 128mb expansion) What this will do is turn your complete beat into an .wav file that you can then either USB over to your PC or save on an CF card and load into your PC.

Nicole

Nicole, How do I do that?
Can u explain me how?

By SimonInAustralia Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:03 pm
jowdjo wrote:
mnh2410 wrote:
You could also do resampling.(if you have the 128mb expansion) What this will do is turn your complete beat into an .wav file that you can then either USB over to your PC or save on an CF card and load into your PC.

Nicole

Nicole, How do I do that?
Can u explain me how?

Have the sequence that you want to record ready to play.

Go into record mode.

Change the Record: setting from Rec In to Main.

Press the play button on the MPC.

It will now record the MPC output internally, turning your sequenced beat into a single sample/WAV file.

By SimonInAustralia Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:15 pm
mnh2410 wrote:
^
Thanks for responding to that question. Preciate it.
Nicole
No problem Nicole, the question was addressed to you, but I thought I'd chime in to get him going as quick as possible, not knowing when you'd be able to reply.

By jowdjo Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:33 pm
Very very thnks :D
im gonna try... ill let u know :)
[]

By jowdjo Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:59 am
It works, but I feel its a lil bit distorted the high frequencies like Kick... how can I reduce the MainREC volume? and I also cant see any .WAV in my CF card... i assign to the pad one rec or two... what I have to do to save?

By SimonInAustralia Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:25 am
You can reduce the levels in a couple of places.

Probably the overal main level might do it for you, Mode-Other/Mater Level.

When you record anything into the MPC the sample is stored in the internal memory, it will not be on the CF card until you go into Mode-Save and choose to save that particular sample(s).