Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By SimonInAustralia Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:28 am
If you have not already, you should download the MPC500 Parameter Map from the Akaipro website and print it out.

It's a handy reference to see all the MPC menu levels/choice at once. Then you can search through the list of menu options to see if what you want is in a menu somewhere.

You can get it here...
http://www.akaipro.com/documents/MPC500 ... terMap.pdf

By jowdjo Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:30 am
ive already understood... when I assign a complete sequence to a pad... its like a sample.. we go to program and select the volume, the default is always '70'... theres 2 things I would like to change the defaults

Its impossible to put "90.0" as BPM and "95" as volume AS DEFAULT?

By SimonInAustralia Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:32 am
You could probably change those settings in a blank program and then save those as the autoload program, then when you turn it on they will be default.

By jowdjo Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:01 am
;) nice...
Now, im seeking the SampleSequences I record to main.. and yeah.. its everything fine... but the problem is.. (Now im at PC) the samples did not recorded perfect... I have to cut in cool edit pro.. and it never perfect to incase in other "patterns" u know what I mean? what I have to do to, when recording (main) on mpc to record just the pattern without spaces at "begin" and at the "end". But its weird, coz, I recorded four ("sequences 4/4 bar") and each of .wav got 5seconds... but when I try to make "music" in cool edit pro... its all a MESS! space here, space there.. delay here :S... u understand?

By SimonInAustralia Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:06 am
I don't think there is a way to record without space at begin/end, I think you will probably have to chop it in PC or MPC.