Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By Dj Proces Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:48 pm
Contra, you can search it up in the manual :wink:

By Contra Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:02 pm
earwolf wrote:looking at the 500 as your only mpc or piece of gear is odd to me - i see it as a way of taking the essentials of modern mpcs out onto the road, and
then being able to integrate/communicate with a larger studio model

if you only want to buy one mpc, or it is your first mpc, then imo a 1000 would be a much more sensible option than a 500

im not sayin your a hater. but i notice people here make it seem like you have to have another mpc backing your 500 to even begin to be sane in this music world. im sure some kats out there are gonna begin to rock the mpc 500 and make much doper music than those buying up all the equipment (not saying you earwolf, this is a general attack) look at katss who made their music on only on sp1200 or on a mirage or eps 16 and 16 plus.

it can be done.

even the asr's have 2 line display.

peace.

By SimonInAustralia Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:09 pm
If you want more features, graphic lcd display, etc., then buy a larger MPC.

If you buy an MPC500 expecting it to be a fully featured MPC, you are a fool.

By Contra Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:22 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:If you want more features, graphic lcd display, etc., then buy a larger MPC.

If you buy an MPC500 expecting it to be a fully featured MPC, you are a fool.

explain your definition of full feautured. besides, graphic waveform editing, effects , grid edit, nicer display, 4 more pads and I/O.

By Dj Proces Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:25 am
contra, stepedit is the sequence on your display in numbers. that way you can make changes in what the sequencer plays back . or something like that.

I want also to respond to what there is been said about the mpc 500 as a workhorse. I use it as my main machine.

The sound is good.
the pads are good.
the OS is good, but could be a lot better( common, no sequencer time while playing solo).

and for what I can't do or know I can do faster, I use the PC.
the PC is not needed to get some fat beats. I prooved that to myself.
But it could help you alot ofcourse.

the 500 is my favourite sampler, but needs a OS update.

By Contra Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:56 am
by no sequencer time while soloing do u mean, no visual bar beat count while your doing soloing?
\

By Dj Proces Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:08 am
exactly

By Contra Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:10 am
really puts u to work then huh,
all by ear then whichis a good thing.

do u have any traks up that are just mpc 500?

By Dj Proces Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:23 am
chopping samples by ear is a good thing, this is headeaches and could be only solved by akai. I'm a newbie as it comes to pc's . how can I get my wav file in this topic? if you could that explain to me I could post something.

By Dj Proces Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:47 am
o yeah , 1 thing more , you can only set volumes in program mode, not in trim mode and not in tracks (only one by one in step edit)

By Contra Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:51 am
Dj Proces wrote:chopping samples by ear is a good thing, this is headeaches and could be only solved by akai. I'm a newbie as it comes to pc's . how can I get my wav file in this topic? if you could that explain to me I could post something.

u gota put the final trak on your computer and convert the wav into mp3
then open a page at myspace.com as a band to upload your music or on soundclick.com

By Contra Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:53 am
Dj Proces wrote:o yeah , 1 thing more , you can only set volumes in program mode, not in trim mode and not in tracks (only one by one in step edit)

kinda sucks on that, but u coudl always assign a certain volume parameter to the qlink(if u wanna knock it out during aperformance) so u wont have to got to the program mode, unless u can use program mode while a sequence is playing

By Contra Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:27 am
by no sequencer time while soloing do u mean, no visual bar beat count while your doing soloing?
\