Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By aNewChapter Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:38 am
I just bought a 500 today, it is my first mpc, so I got some learning to do... anyway I can not seem to figure out how to get rid of all the demo crap. What do I need to do? Any help is appreciated..

By 4000is1monster Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:11 am
Hey I just got one 2 days ago too, and that demo was annoying me also. You have to turn off the Auto Load function. Go to the Load menu and scroll the data wheel to the right untill you see "Auto Load" switch it to off and the demo will not be automaticly loaded into the machine anymore.

The demo is on the factory sample CF card that comes with the MPC 500 am I correct? I havent completely read the manual yet so im still learning but I know that that worked for me.

By littlelio Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:45 am
Hi! Welcome to MPC500! I am a new user too :)

By jowdjo Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:57 pm
enjoy that lil'MagikBox xD hehe

By aNewChapter Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:55 am
Thanks for the help.

I have some more questions: I read there is some save bug, should I save in a particular way?

Is there a particular thread that will help me understand the mpc?

I am off work until next weekend, so I'm sure I will be asking a lot of questions while I figure it out, but I will be sure to read the manual before I ask something stupid. I've been using reason for a few years, and bought a sp-303 (madlib geek, so I had to get one) awhile back. I never thought I'd own an MPC (albeit a jr version), but I'm happy to have one now.

thanks

By jowdjo Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:06 am
...a little headache the saving process...

By aNewChapter Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:23 am
Think they will fix it?

By jowdjo Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:24 am
aNewChapter wrote:Think they will fix it?

WE HOPE SO!!! :lol:

By Contra Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:24 am
aNewChapter wrote:sp-303 (madlib geek, so I had to get one)

yo mad props love rockin madlib joints too.
remember do ya thing with just the 500 as a sequencer annd your sampler, show the 500 haters it can be done with just that.

By Upright Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:12 pm
aNewChapter wrote:Thanks for the help.

I have some more questions: I read there is some save bug, should I save in a particular way?

Is there a particular thread that will help me understand the mpc?

I am off work until next weekend, so I'm sure I will be asking a lot of questions while I figure it out, but I will be sure to read the manual before I ask something stupid. I've been using reason for a few years, and bought a sp-303 (madlib geek, so I had to get one) awhile back. I never thought I'd own an MPC (albeit a jr version), but I'm happy to have one now.

thanks

Congrats on your 500!!1 I know that there is one guy on these forums that had a problem with saving the "saving bug" as for myself I haven't had any problems in that area. Saving can be a little tricky at first but once you get the hang of it there is nothing to it.....also there is a "how do you save" thread here in the 500 forums someone just posted it may help you out a little. :D