Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By sampie Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:41 pm
Man i have no luck. My MPC500 was freezing error messages on screen. So Guitar Center let me swap it for another one. Cool. But now this one has sort of a high pitch sound coming out of the headphone jack. Not really a loud sound but just enough to piss me off. Does anyone else when using headphones here a high whine sound. I can hear it when the volume is all the way down, as soon as the powers up and it stays throughout. To some they might not mind but it just pisses me off . And the first one I returned didnt have that. Anyways the reason i am so mad is cause i really do love the machine!

By Dj Proces Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:42 pm
you will return it to the shop right?

By sampie Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:00 pm
yes as soon as they get it in stock again. I also read your post about the resampling coming out in mono, and i notice it happened with this machine as well.

By Contra Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:52 am
damn this sucks, do u think its thee unit or the Os?
cuz i was gonnna cop one tomorrow.

By jowdjo Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:01 am
since the 1st day, using my mpc with the headphone jack... I gonna buy the cable soon, I hope...

But I dont remember to listen such a "noise" as u said... maybe something wrong with mpc, or bad connection..

By sampie Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:11 am
i think i just had bad luck with the 2 units. I dont think it has to do with the os. Another thing i just noticed is that the full level button is jammed. It still works but when you press it it does not respond like the other buttons. Anyways its goin back so i can get a new one.Hopefully the next one I get will have no problems. Keep ya fingers crossed for me. Thanks

By jowdjo Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:13 am
sampie wrote:i think i just had bad luck with the 2 units. I dont think it has to do with the os. Another thing i just noticed is that the full level button is jammed. It still works but when you press it it does not respond like the other buttons. Anyways its goin back so i can get a new one.Hopefully the next one I get will have no problems. Keep ya fingers crossed for me. Thanks

Its ur 2ND mpc 500??

By sampie Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:43 am
yes sir. First one kept freezing in the middle of sequenceing.

By jowdjo Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:02 am
bad luck :S

By DrFunk7777 Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:25 am
check the MASTER OUTPUT.
If you've got it pegged, it will hiss a little on ya.
almost microphonic sounding.

Try a 12 db cut, the crank up your gains on your mixer.

If you've already done this,
swap it out!

By sampie Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:37 am
thanks peoples. Well i am definitely gonna swap it for another one. The sound thru the headphones I am talkin bout is like a high pitched buzz. It aint loud but its there.And when i put a cf card in the unit i hear that little buzz change pitch. wierd. But regardless now that i notice the full level button is alittle jammed i am swapping it without hesitation.

By Dj Proces Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:39 am
good luck!

By Contra Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:51 am
sampie wrote:thanks peoples. Well i am definitely gonna swap it for another one. The sound thru the headphones I am talkin bout is like a high pitched buzz. It aint loud but its there.And when i put a cf card in the unit i hear that little buzz change pitch. wierd. But regardless now that i notice the full level button is alittle jammed i am swapping it without hesitation.

it came with that built in FM synthesizer.
its like the willy wonka goldenn ticket chocolate bar of mpc 500's.
free trip to the akai factory.!!!!

let us kno if it happened again after the exchange.

i demo'ed one out today, pads are the firstive felt after the original mpc2000xl(not the blue mcd one) where they feel like the old mpc's , not that gummy shit that came out on the mcd 2000xl, the 1000 annd the 2500.

the data wheel dont clik like the 2500(yes!!!!!)
althought it looked "loose" like when it spins its an odd movement, but still dope.
aside from that i need to test this bad boy out.

on a sidenote and sorry for hijacking the thread, does sam ash let you bargain them down?

By jowdjo Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:57 pm
its not from the headphones? :?
bad jack... I dont know..