Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By stefski Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:38 pm
I have no clue but my MPC refuses to show as an ejectable drive. Is there some kind of trick to make this snappier? My Rane TM57SL had a similar problem before, but then Rane revised their OS and it started working. I know the Macbook Pros can be tricky on the left usb port - something to do with how they were soldered plain and simple. Anyway I'm gonna call this out as a bug. I can easily recreate this. It's supposed to be a no-brainer in OSX.

So: while The 500 immediately recognizes its status as 'Connected'/'Not connected' my Macbook Pro (1.83Ghz) does not always show the 500.

Now it shows up.. after 30 mins of rebooting, unplugging, replugging and ejecting of the CF card. :roll:
By jowdjo Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:55 pm
stefski wrote:I have no clue but my MPC refuses to show as an ejectable drive. Is there some kind of trick to make this snappier? My Rane TM57SL had a similar problem before, but then Rane revised their OS and it started working. I know the Macbook Pros can be tricky on the left usb port - something to do with how they were soldered plain and simple. Anyway I'm gonna call this out as a bug. I can easily recreate this. It's supposed to be a no-brainer in OSX.

So: while The 500 immediately recognizes its status as 'Connected'/'Not connected' my Macbook Pro (1.83Ghz) does not always show the 500.

Now it shows up.. after 30 mins of rebooting, unplugging, replugging and ejecting of the CF card. :roll:

You have the usb drivers installed yet? (sometimes the USB ports got some mad shi7s) Try to remove them and install again.
By stefski Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:08 pm
jowdjo wrote:You have the usb drivers installed yet? (sometimes the USB ports got some mad shi7s) Try to remove them and install again.

No, I didn't realize there were any? (OSX is supposed to be able to recognize any usb peripherals on a whim). I use a SanDisk 2.0 GB CF... but that shouldn't be the issue either. I swear they could fix this in the mpc OS.