Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By mpc5 Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:08 pm
Hi all,

I've just got a mpc500 for couple of days, and perhaps I will buy it after tests.

I'm not a newb in midi hardware config but the mpc500 resists :/

Everything is ok with Rm1x as seq + Thru 1x4 + synths & esx. The cables and the Midiman Thru 1x4 are tested OK.

Replace the Rm1x by the mpc and nothing wants to work !

If I don't put the 1x4 and go directly from mpc mid out to esx mid in, the esx starts as the mpc says and I can play from the mpc my synth that is linked via esx mid thru.
It's also the same, if I connect mpc midi out to Evolver midi in, it works !

So what's the problem with midiman thru 1x4 ?? I've made a mistake ?

Thanks a lot guys.

By mpc5 Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:35 pm
help please :cry:

By mpc5 Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:48 am
:cry: :cry: :cry:

By SimonInAustralia Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:24 pm
I suppose no one here is using the Midiman midithru box that you are using with your MPC500.

I would expect that if it works when directly connecting the synth to the MPC, that it should work when you then connect the thru box in between the two, after making no changes to either the MPC500 or synth after they were working.

Have you tried using external power with the thru box?

I know it can work without external power, by getting it's power from the MIDI input, but maybe the MPC500 does not provide enough power on it's MIDI output to power the thru box?

Have you tried different MIDI cables?

By mpc5 Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:00 pm
Yes that's it, it's ok with a dc adaptor !! So the mpc500 doesn't give energy to the midi thru & surely mergers..

THANKS A LOT !

By SimonInAustralia Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:08 pm
mpc5 wrote:Yes that's it, it's ok with a dc adaptor !! So the mpc500 doesn't give energy to the midi thru & surely mergers..

THANKS A LOT !
No problem, good to see you worked it out.