MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By jigzelmnt Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:11 am
Hey guys. I know I can do this type of stuff in reason and fruity loops, but I am at a loss here on the MPC. Ok, so I got this really dope sample, but the problem is, the sample is ALREADY fully panned to the left side. If I try to go to the samples mixer and pan to the right, you can't even hear the sample anymore. Is there anyway to double it over to the right side as well somehow? Any help is much appreciated. It sounds a bit weak fully panned to one side.
By jigzelmnt Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:49 pm
Anyone?? I think I may be dead in the water unless I bring this problem to a DAW. Please enlighten me!!!
By SimonInAustralia Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 pm
If it is a stereo sample, and panned hard left in the sample, so nothing is on the right side of the sample, convert it to mono, using the left side as the source.

Page 104 of the MPC5000 Reference Manual V.2.00.

Then pan the mono sample where you want it.
By jigzelmnt Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:29 am
Worked like a charm. Didn't need to pan hard to the opposite side though. It gave me the option of which side I wanted to convert to mono. After selecting the side that had the sample panned hard, it was all gravy baby. Thanks so much brotha.