MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By richiroots Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:06 pm
Had my MPC5000 on today after about 18 months of use the screen started to flicker accompanied by smoke rising from the left side.
I've seen youtube videos and get the impression this isn't the 1st time anyone's reported this, I bought it from cash convertors so the warranty's over.

Any suggestions to fix this problem. It still works but this is a fragile situation and smell of burning plastic makes me nauseous. I know I make sick Hip-Hop but that's taking it too far, homies.

I'm writing on my PC because although I'm used to drum machines, I have little faith in the technology that I have used, compared to what I can hand pick component-wise.
So I made a back-up of my tracks so all is lot lost accept that Akai MPC touch of class.

Somebody must know the solution. Smoking kills.
By richiroots Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:17 pm
I didn't say the screen was smoking but if that helps your fertile imagination conjur up stunningly cunning replies, let it be.
The smoking is coming from the left side of the screen not from the screen.
By Coz Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:44 pm
9 months later and you're still switching it on and getting a burning smell? :hmmm:

Why don't you get it repaired and stop risking the whole thing going up in smoke?