MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Nuwwave Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:49 pm
Hi I have a mpc 5000 and the issues is when I close the cd drive it won't boot it will get to the initializing cd drive screen then restart, if I open the cd drive it will boot and is shows cd drive installed ??? Anyone's guess?? And it is a a cdm 25
By THE ADVERSARY Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:23 pm
Did you install the drive yourself or did you get the unit used with the drive already installed?
Pull the drive and look for anything pinched or displaced.

Be as thorough as possible when checking as it come be very small.
By Nuwwave Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:23 am
Thank you for replying I'm not sure if the drive is stock or not it was in it when I bought it, I unhooked the cd drive and unhooked the hard drive I noticed the hard drive jumper settings are set to a jp8pin setting and not master or slave would you or any one else know the right jumper settings for the mpc 5000 hard drive? Because when i load from the hard drive and not the cf it restarts......finding out other issues ugh!!!
By Lau Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:36 pm
Hi,

mine does the same thing...(plus the screen flicks after shut the cd rom closet ) ... I don't worry so much about cd rom , just hope this is not damaging other parts of mpc when it's not in use...
By Lau Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:16 pm
Pb fixed by removing the cd player; it was not the akai one but the teac , i did the pin 47 mod but it still crashing times to times , so I removed it , if one day I need I could still plug it occasionally ... don't bother me so much... cool