MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By CoinUp! Mon May 03, 2010 6:38 am
Peer wrote:
oDESGOSTO wrote:And what about the CF reader? Is it possible to upgrade it too? Right now, 2GB CF cards are almost like dinossaurs!

Where does it say you can only use 2GB CF cards..?

-- peer

On Akai Pro Specs section;"Memory Card Slot: Compact Flash (The size of the compact flash card that MPC5000 can handle is from 32MB to 2GB)"
By djtonyb Thu May 06, 2010 4:35 am
CoinUp! wrote:
Peer wrote:
oDESGOSTO wrote:And what about the CF reader? Is it possible to upgrade it too? Right now, 2GB CF cards are almost like dinossaurs!

Where does it say you can only use 2GB CF cards..?

-- peer

On Akai Pro Specs section;"Memory Card Slot: Compact Flash (The size of the compact flash card that MPC5000 can handle is from 32MB to 2GB)"

I'm using a 4 gig in mine with no problems.

I would like to know about changing the 128 meg to a Gig anyone try that?
By CoinUp! Fri May 07, 2010 2:19 am
mister_sosa74 wrote:thinking of a vga out type thing...

It must be possible. One of the showcase vids on Youtube the 5000 LCD was projected on a larger screen.
By CoinUp! Wed May 19, 2010 10:10 am
4dahaterz wrote:Dont purchase the Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB Hard Drive, I have been trying all weekend to put one in, until i talk to tech support today, Monday morning, which they told me they had been having problems with that exact drive.

What did you do to fix this?
By Peer Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:00 am
CoinUp! wrote:BTW. The extra SDRAM slot does nothing.....yet! I've tried it with a free EXM i've gotten from the shop.

Have you tired it yet, and it didn't work..?

-- peer
By CoinUp! Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:56 am
Peer wrote:
CoinUp! wrote:BTW. The extra SDRAM slot does nothing.....yet! I've tried it with a free EXM i've gotten from the shop.

Have you tired it yet, and it didn't work..?

-- peer

Yes. It does nothing so far.......With or without a card in slot one. Hopefully they will be able to activate it with an update in the NEAR!!!!!! future. That would be awsome. I was about to sell the extra RAM, but i'm keeping it now.
By CasualMPCuser Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:16 am
Hey.. Is there any talk about other accessories for the 5k. Side panels more specifically.. Ive searched the Net and have found nothing. Anybody else have any luck?
By Musze3000 Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:53 am
Hey Guys,

Just purchased MPC5000 and I mean just did as it's still sealed in box as I type this! First post in forum and first MPC ever. The first thing I want to do is update to OS2, I just want to confirm it is okay to update the OS then upgrade the RAM?

Any other help, feedback suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

musze3000
By Peer Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:02 am
Musze3000 wrote:I just want to confirm it is okay to update the OS then upgrade the RAM?

Sure is.

-- peer
By psr Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:25 am
moyphee wrote:MPC Stuff has them.

really, I cant seem to find them... this is all I have found
http://www.mpcstuff.com/wood-side-panels.html

I did find a wood craftsman that will custom make me some (like the ones in the pic below) for $400. I havent done it yet though. I'm hoping to find some for cheaper or at least a cheaper wood craftsman.

The pic below was posted by someone who was selling their custom 5000 months back.
By artificial.intelligence Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:23 am
psr wrote:

I did find a wood craftsman that will custom make me some (like the ones in the pic below) for $400. I havent done it yet though. I'm hoping to find some for cheaper or at least a cheaper wood craftsman.

The pic below was posted by someone who was selling their custom 5000 months back.

DOPE!!! This would sell like hot cakes if the price was more affordable.
By Mistamixx Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:36 pm
Where can you get wood panels for the 5000???
psr wrote: