MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By bijunv Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:37 am
Hi,

I have a MPC 5000 with added extra memory (192mb). but when I load 2 files of (wav) each one 70mb (Total 140mb) into a new program, I am getting the error message "memory full". I am able to load only one WAV file, size of 70MB. I have disabled my autoload also. but still same message. What is the maximum file size can be used in MPC 5000 for a single program.

If I load a 70mb file size sequence and try to load another one, it's showing again the "Memory Full", in this case how can I clear the memory of 1st sequence, to load the 2nd one?
By ghosty Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:11 pm
Mode> program. Select the pad with sample. Turn jog wheel to none selected. Then hit purge tab.

That will clear the sample from use in loaded ram.
Question..2 70mb "samples"? ... they would be?
By bijunv Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:44 am
Hi, :)

I am doing the BG music for a drama, each effects is about 30-70 mb, after loading few samples I get the "memory full" error message. So I wanted to know what is the maximum size of file can be used for a single program. I noticed that I am able to use only 70-90mb of the installed 192mb RAM.

What is the best way to do BG music for these types of live programs.

Thanking you
Biju
===================
By Petr kucera Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 pm
Hi,I have mpc 5000 3years ,,today i have Big Error;"""Cannot read OS Firmware. Error Code(0:01010004),i do "Ok"...But"No CF card present.Waiting for code via Midi...process0%,boot version 1.02...
I have some CF cards I give to mpc and It wrote:No valid Os file on CF card?????Ihave Cd from akai from start,but nothing...?????