MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By sifis Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:38 pm
Hi There!

I'm trying to load a project ..and got this message...

Error
(VEng) No return from Query

Does anybody knows something about it ?
By jocks Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:51 am
sifis wrote:Hi There!

I'm trying to load a project ..and got this message...

Error
(VEng) No return from Query

Does anybody knows something about it ?

hi!
yeah some of us here at the forum have had booting problems with Veng error message poping up once in a while. the machine ask us to reboot to fix the problem. Is that what you get too? I tried to reformat Hdisk reinstall OS and other tricks. All that failed.
I realized it wasn't software/OS related, so my MPC5k is now returned to the shop for repairs or replacement.
/jocks
By golfzerosafari Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:03 pm
1. Connect it in usb mode.

2. Backup the file onto your computer

3. Go to your file and rename your files so that they are not long and dont use characters.

4. Let us know if it works. It did for me.
By sifis Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:40 pm
Thanks for the advise...

Ok .. I rename my files.. but still nothing!

I load my project .. and i got the same "VEng error" message..

When i do this , i have all the information of the project , but no programs/samples...

So, I load every program manually ..and i found that only one of my programs has the problem.. I rename it again .. but it doesn't work...

Sorry for my english...
By jocks Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:58 am
hi, can you load up other projects without problems?
if so, then it's probably your project that has bad file settings.
changes in FX settings can also create loading problems. remove FX settings and resave the project again. that helped me at one time.
another thing to remember is that two files can't have the same name.
example: only one file can have the name "snare1.wav". If you load several drum kit programs into MPC, the name might be used more than once.
/jocks
By Pacerpm Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:51 pm
Yes, I absolutely know what it is. You have a ribbon inside that needs to replacement. Sounds to me like someone had been inside messing around and was not careful. Question is, what were you doing?. Had you taken off the back cover to replace a hard drive and possibly damaged one of the white ribbon cables? You're not going to know which one is damaged until they are disconnected from the board and you look at the bottom half. You will be able to see if the metal connection part is damaged . It's either one of the white ribbon cables on the main PCB board or the board with the RAM chip on it. I just got through replacing all mine. All of these white ribbon cables can be bought on MPCstuff.com. Unless of course you have a butt ton of money and want to pay someone a whole bunch of money to do it for you. I can't confirm this but I was told once that if they get folded and a whole bunch of crazy ways that can do it as well. That's why I'm replacing every single one in the 5000 I have. The person who had it before me was an idiot. Must have opened it a dozen times and when I got it it was a mess.
By enderman Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:39 am
Did you replace the ribbons and got it working? I'm having errors loading the streaming engine. I'm afraid it's the ROM chip but resetting the ribbons will be a next step for me.

Pacerpm wrote:Yes, I absolutely know what it is. You have a ribbon inside that needs to replacement. Sounds to me like someone had been inside messing around and was not careful. Question is, what were you doing?. Had you taken off the back cover to replace a hard drive and possibly damaged one of the white ribbon cables? You're not going to know which one is damaged until they are disconnected from the board and you look at the bottom half. You will be able to see if the metal connection part is damaged . It's either one of the white ribbon cables on the main PCB board or the board with the RAM chip on it. I just got through replacing all mine. All of these white ribbon cables can be bought on MPCstuff.com. Unless of course you have a butt ton of money and want to pay someone a whole bunch of money to do it for you. I can't confirm this but I was told once that if they get folded and a whole bunch of crazy ways that can do it as well. That's why I'm replacing every single one in the 5000 I have. The person who had it before me was an idiot. Must have opened it a dozen times and when I got it it was a mess.