MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By advancedbreed Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:30 pm
Yeah, you're probably right. The point of my post was to mostly suggest that the bottleneck is between the PC and MPC so plugging your drive directly to your PC via USB is a better option... If what you say is correct, then it being IDE or SATA is a moot point.
By CoinOP! Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:28 am
Tranferring files when the HD is directly connected to your PC is the best and quickest option. The MPC slows the process down and it tends to error.

I tried the 500gb WD blue something and it didn't work. There was another poster with the same problem. No matter what setting(slave, master...) it didn't work.

I just went for the SSD. I can't compare it perfprmance wise, because I swapped drives from day one. I hate noisy equipment and the 500gb WD wasn't quiet at all. The og drive was even more terrible.

To me quit equipment is importent because i don't mix with high volumes(some peaks) and sometimes i like to just study the MPC for hours......
By riverinland Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:41 am
Hello my hard disc was wrong and i need replace that, i tried with a similar ide "Maxtor" 80 GB, also with a old sata maxtor 160 GB and with a new Western digital caviar black of 1 TB and none worked correctly, always give me a error in the mpc "seng invalid Fs on HD", i formatted in Fat 32 and in NTFS, and I still do not get that my mpc 5000 recognize a new hard disc, can something say me what brand and reference of HD can i buy for that works fine? and what ide - sata adapter is more reliable? i apreciate much the help, regards.