MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By clear1djs Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:13 am
Hi everyone, After looking and searching this forum and others. I can't find any update info. I read about other users having a reboot problem. None of the threads give a clear solution or what to test for.

I have a used Mpc 5000.
Everything work as should.
The OS is 1.02
64mb Ram
I did the factory reset.

I can work on it for about 10-20mins with no problems.

The it will start to reboot, sometimes up to 4 times nonstop.
Sometimes i just turn it on and dont touch the MPC just to see if I will start the reboot thing.Like clockwork after sitting a few mins. I starts to reboot. What may be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
1 Luv
By wavemartian Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:42 pm
Yep its a strange problem. When i had my mpc 5000 this same thing happened to me over the course of one night, kept re booting. After that night no reboots. I searched extensively as to why. I discovered on a french music forum that the 5000 is very sensitive to current changes ( power supply sensitivity ). Hopefully for you this is the problem. Can you try it at a different power outlet?
By clear1djs Fri May 01, 2015 7:20 pm
Thanks for the replies. I'm have the power supply replace. Have a tech to do a complete check for other things. When i do, what ever the problem is, I'll sure post the results here.

Thanks once again,
1 Luv
By Lau Sat May 09, 2015 3:43 am
Hi, if you have a non akai cd reader on the mpc , try to retrieve it. it's very simple to do (only need to unscrew the pannel where is the phone, cf, cd reader and so on).

My mpc worked fine then started to act a bit like yours, the reboot was due to a non official cd reader not moded to be in slave.
By clear1djs Wed May 13, 2015 3:29 am
:worthy: :-D SOLVED ... For me it was a bad (not loose) Hard Drive cable. I swap another cable from a older computer. I put new cable in the MPC. it booted right up, been on and working all day no problems. Im still on OS 1.02 but about to update to OS 2. Im really loving this unit. I don't regret getting it one bit. :nod:
By 500cc Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:48 pm
Same problem here.

In my case I bought this machine with this fault cheap way to get my hands in a 5000 ,mine was restarting in middle of a project most times completely random.
The problem could be caused by various components in the PSU which I believe can be cased by overheating .
My solution was to replace the PSU and I think this has solved my problem.
My next step is to replace the cooling fan with something that moves a bit more air in to the PSU ,or even find a way to improove the cooling.
By dj. CagomoC Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:43 am
I did the same thing with both of my mpc5k and started acting funny after i changed the internal battery is went away, it's a small battery in for the internal clock and rom. also for safe measures i did the factory reset about 3 more times just to make sure and now it runs like a dream.. also when turn it on try not to go lighting speed on you power button push it in nice and slow hold your finger there for a second become one with your machine. lol it works,.."if don't., its time to do a full board swap". replacement..
By Sepru Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:10 am
Hi,
My mpc5000 got some overvoltage right after switching on and stopped working. Anyone knows if it has protection in its input switch? :|
By MPC-Tutor Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:15 am
Sepru wrote:Hi,
My mpc5000 got some overvoltage right after switching on and stopped working. Anyone knows if it has protection in its input switch? :|

Not sure about the 5000, but models such as the 2000/XL all have a fuse near the power supply. I assume the 5000 is the same. Open her up and take a look, the fuses are like £2 for 10 on Ebay.
By Sepru Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 pm
PSU is dead need to be replaced. Only afterwards it will be revealed if anything else was damaged. Who had similar experience?