MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Tomes Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:29 pm
I have been banging my head with this for a while now and simply cant figure it out. I have a slim phatty that i want to use two way midi with my mpc5000 to record automations. However the problem is that some knobs or buttons control some hidden parameters of the MPC, like for example octave button adjusts some LP cut off frequency setting for the main out that i cant find anywhere on the MPC. Midi CC for this is 74. I cant either find any settings to turn off the MPC from responding to these CC messages. Because i cant find the setting anywhere and no octave setting gives full pass of the sound, the only way to get rid of it is to turn the MPC off and back on, which means potentially losing work.

Would be nice to get some help with this.

Cheers,
By mrcrappypantson Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:00 pm
You could try filtering CC 74 and any others with this or similar http://tinyurl.com/y7ehwnj7

My experience with the little phatty MIDI is that it was quite buggy when you've got the MIDI handshake going. It initialized my patches a bunch of times. I got rid of it as a result. It's a shame because it's a really great sounding piece.