MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai

Are you interested in a new PSU for the Fusion & MPC5000?

100%
N/A
N/A
By Nebula-beats Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:25 am
Hi,
The concept of a new power supply for the 5k is a very good idea. This is a very powerful MPC which has unfortunately suffered bad press rightly or wrongly. I bought one last year and the power supply failed a while back. Luckily I know an electronics guy who fixed it. He explained that it is a poor design and a weak point on this model. I think keeping the machine cool is key to its longevity, and I'm looking at modifications to do this (even if it means drilling new vents...which is brutal I know). Thusly, a new power supply design could bring this bad-boy back from the dead as a potential competitor? It is a shame as I love this machine. The guy still actually has it as we are upgrading other aspects (wobbly vol/record pots-another bad design on 5k/2500).

I would consider buying a spare PSU just in case, but in my experience electronics guys are always super busy if it happens great!
By solodude123 Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:59 pm
I just joined this forum to voice support for a new replacement PSU for the Fusions and MPC5000s. I love my Fusion and have tried to find a spare PS for it for years with no luck.

Mine runs very cool since I upgraded to an SSD some years ago, but I still worry that a failed PSU could brick it at some point. Depending on the price, I might buy two!

Thanks!

Solodude
By Braindead Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 pm
Need a new psu for my mpc 5000 , the 2 pink resistor was died and 6 condo too , maybee if you build this new psu board you can amelior the concept for don’t use the pink resistor and use fuse because the temp issue who burn the psu is from the pink resistor isn’t it. Just build a psu who had the right volt and amp on the enter and on the exit had the 5v , the 12v,3,3v and -16v for screen and thats it
Anny one know a computer psu who can delivery this 4 voltage ?
If one exist it’s going to be enough for the price of 20 ,30€ max
But if you build psu and cell it around 50€ max i will buy it
By Braindead Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:50 pm
Hi peeps i had a good news fof all
I just bought a little stock of original psu unit and dimmer and inverter pcb
If you are interesting to buy one of this stock pm me
Or i create a thread in the forum write in the thread for 1st contact
I think is the last official stock on the planet because akai , mpc stuff , alesis part don’t have annymore since 10years
I was really lucky to find some from a shop who closed !!!
I don’t have a ton so be quickly
I try the solution to replace the psu by a pc atx psu with the -12v by the -16v who walk for the alesis fusion but sadly it’s didn’t walk for the 5000 , the screen still blank
Try the atx psu first if you don’t belive me (normal i sell psu) and after contact me if you want one of the latest stock of the planet !!
By JMSFusion8HD Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:13 pm
Braindead wrote:Hi peeps i had a good news fof all
I just bought a little stock of original psu unit and dimmer and inverter pcb
If you are interesting to buy one of this stock pm me
Or i create a thread in the forum write in the thread for 1st contact
I think is the last official stock on the planet because akai , mpc stuff , alesis part don’t have annymore since 10years
I was really lucky to find some from a shop who closed !!!
I don’t have a ton so be quickly
I try the solution to replace the psu by a pc atx psu with the -12v by the -16v who walk for the alesis fusion but sadly it’s didn’t walk for the 5000 , the screen still blank
Try the atx psu first if you don’t belive me (normal i sell psu) and after contact me if you want one of the latest stock of the planet !!

Do you still have any PSU? What is the part number? How much are you saking for them?