MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Braindead Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:23 pm
Hi , i have a mpc5000 but my screen had the famous trouble with the backlight who doesn’t light sometime and more often to more often and after it was the writting who's gone sometime first and finaly the back light and the writting was died totally after a little smoke who's gone from the down right side of the screen
So i bought the new screen by mpc stuff who don’t need dimmer and inverter pcb for function corectly
I change the screen like in the mpc stuff video
When i switch on the mpc5000 my new screen had the light on but nothing is write on the screenn!!!
I opened the mpc and the dimmer pcb look fine but inverter pcb is totally burn on the left side
The new screen generation from mpc stuff don’t need the dimmer and inverter pcb for walking good , mpc stuff confirm it by mail and told me the matter is not from the screen now
What can i doe for fix it??
My mpc 5000 is the brain of my studio , i really miss it!!
Did i need to unpluged the dimmer and inverter pcb when we change the screen by the new gen? Nothing like that in the video , i don’t think so
Mpc stuff send me first a 1st gen screen and i bought the last one , i send it back and mpc stuff send me a new gen from the B market for the price of the new one i ordered !!! Anx i payed again the post cost fof her mistake!!!
Is it possible mpc stuff send me a screen who's broken !!
Mpc stuff write me it is not possible and for sure the screen walk perfectly and my trouble is from away but he don’t know where the trouble is from
And mpc stuff don’t give me anny more help!!!
All in the mpc looking fine exept the inverter pcb who is burning on a side but normally with the new screen i don’t need inverter and dimmer pcb
Did someone had the same trouble after this screen trouble with the 5000??
By Braindead Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:22 pm
I jusg found after a week of diagnostic by myself , and i’m not technical guy annymore
So the -16volt on beetwen the pin 3 and 1 wasn’t good after 2 or 3 day of research i found the matter was on the power supply , the 2 big pink resistor was burn on the soldering and mooving in the pcb , and just of the end of the pcb near the volt delevry for the 5v , 12v ,-16v ,3,3v all the condo was little bigger on the top and this little bump on the top mean the condo is **** up
The power pcb board are not from akai or alesis is from haec companny and no complete shematic is availid on the net
I need to change the condo and for the pink resistor maybee there still functionnal because is special resistance component who did the fuse job and there special against burning is for this reason the mpc 5000 didn’t have fuse inside for the power supply but the principal trouble of a power supply like that is it go up in degree and had temp trouble really often
Now i’m looking to finx the ref of all the component who look like **** up , after try to find new one , aftef replace it on the pcb , after finger crossed and switch on the mpc5000.......
I learn a lot with this trouble but is not ending , i hope made my mpc5000 allive
If some one had the list component from the power pcb i will greatfull like never!!!