MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai

Re:

By temetrepo Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:56 pm
Lampdog wrote:sounds like you just need more practice.

same thing happenned to me when i first got my 2500
coming from an xl
kept on playing with it and i aint never going back to my xl now
By Teknokeyz Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:28 am
Im glad I read this cause I had an feeling something like this was gonna happen to me. Like im gonna be exspecting my beats to come out like I want them as soon as get the system (this will be my first 'owned' MPC) but I know im gonna have to learn the ins and outs of the mpc before im able to get a stable workflow.
By UBANKRECORDS Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:57 am
Teknokeyz wrote:Im glad I read this cause I had an feeling something like this was gonna happen to me. Like im gonna be exspecting my beats to come out like I want them as soon as get the system (this will be my first 'owned' MPC) but I know im gonna have to learn the ins and outs of the mpc before im able to get a stable workflow.

Without a doubt dawg. You're gonna get frustrated but just take it slow and soak in all the info on the manual and on this forum. A lot of people here have owned MPC's for years such as lampdog. Good peoplez here. I have already got the chopping/slicing down pat from the time I started this thread till now. The 5k is worth every penny IMO. Good luck bro. You're gonna thank me for posting this thread one day, maybe I saved you from selling/trading it like I was thinking about doing haha

Peace,

U-Bank Records

MPC 5k beats
http://www.myspace.com/ubankrecords
By Teknokeyz Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:09 am
UBANKRECORDS wrote:
Teknokeyz wrote:Im glad I read this cause I had an feeling something like this was gonna happen to me. Like im gonna be exspecting my beats to come out like I want them as soon as get the system (this will be my first 'owned' MPC) but I know im gonna have to learn the ins and outs of the mpc before im able to get a stable workflow.

Without a doubt dawg. You're gonna get frustrated but just take it slow and soak in all the info on the manual and on this forum. A lot of people here have owned MPC's for years such as lampdog. Good peoplez here. I have already got the chopping/slicing down pat from the time I started this thread till now. The 5k is worth every penny IMO. Good luck bro. You're gonna thank me for posting this thread one day, maybe I saved you from selling/trading it like I was thinking about doing haha

Peace,

U-Bank Records

MPC 5k beats

Im thanking you now cause your actually preparing me for what to exspect once I get mine, and what not to exspect. Yea, im glad I joined this forum becuase its tons of help and exsperience here. Im sure if I have a problem or question I will get a quick response and solution in no time.
By Askia Shaheed Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:32 am
BxJaze wrote:lmao @ "like boondoc"

not that anything he does is impressive, cause its not....

but for the record (and im not trying to sound insulting), but knowing the machinery, and techniques...even inside out, doesn't give talent.

For the record...I like his videos as well as his music...
By UBANKRECORDS Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:13 am
Askia Shaheed wrote:
BxJaze wrote:lmao @ "like boondoc"

not that anything he does is impressive, cause its not....

but for the record (and im not trying to sound insulting), but knowing the machinery, and techniques...even inside out, doesn't give talent.

For the record...I like his videos as well as his music...

Me too
By Askia Shaheed Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:18 am
Blue Haze wrote:Jahrome you back in Japan???

Jahrome still lives in the US I believe. :wink:

I am currently living in Tokyo for at least 4-5 years......I am hitting up Roppongi this weekend for sure (nothing to do with music).

I still don't understand what is going on with Akai/Numark and Japan. You can find every MPC in Japan but no MPC 5000 :?
By Blue Haze Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:46 pm
Askia Shaheed wrote:

I am currently living in Tokyo for at least 4-5 years......I am hitting up Roppongi this weekend for sure (nothing to do with music).

I still don't understand what is going on with Akai/Numark and Japan. You can find every MPC in Japan but no MPC 5000 :?

I know that it`s your wacky ass Jah. :P I told you that 5k is an British and American thing now. And according to Pro Audio Japan the 5k will arrive in Japan around the Fall season. Roppongi huh, married with two little ones and still chasing tail.

On the other hand Akai has changed. The world is getting closer to software.
By Askia Shaheed Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:21 pm
Blue Haze wrote:
Askia Shaheed wrote:

I know that it`s your wacky ass Jah. I told you that 5k is an British and American thing now. And according to Pro Audio Japan the 5k will arrive in Japan around the Fall season. Roppongi huh, married with two little ones and still chasing tail.

On the other hand Akai has changed. The world is getting closer to software.

Two little ones? Naw my son is bigger than me. As far as chasing tail...in the infamous words of BIG, "I don't chase em, I replace em..." Plus there are too many women in Japan looking for grown as men for me to be selfish and stay home :P

Pro Audio Japan could have least advertise the MPC 5K? I should throw one up on Yahoo Japan to see if I can spark some interest. Also, the world has been getting closer to software for years so that is nothing new.......
By MARCODANE79 Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:32 am
UBANKRECORDS wrote:I've had more practice since I posted this and have decided to keep the beast(MPC 5k).

I got a few beats I did on the 5k up. Still can tell I need practice but I know once I learn it, there will be no end to my creation.

U-Bank Records 2008

New MPC 5000 beats

I've been trying to applied what I know from previous mpc's I have owned to the 5k and also what I have read in the manual and some stuff I just can't get pass like filters. Example: I have sample a bass and try to trim the click at the end and it just don't work. Like on the 4k you can edit and use "fade out" option on portion you don't want. For the most it's the little thing that get me all idled up.

Like I have learned the freezing that I'm sure we all have experienced, I've learned if you wait a few seconds or minute or two it will unfreeze, but for sure akai/numark have to fix this. I email them everytime I have a issue. Reason being I told to and I was assigned to (ATOMASELLO) to email all the bugs or problems that I have.