MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Lampdog Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:33 pm
temetrepo wrote:
Lampdog wrote:sounds like you just need more practice.

same thing happenned to me when i first got my 2500 coming from an xl kept on playing with it and i aint never
going back to my xl now

That's how it happens sometimes, just need more practice to actually realize that monster you got in
your hands is actually a MONSTER.... :D
By Prophacee Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:05 am
Like I wrote in the 2500 forum, you should think about getting a laptop, an interface, the Akai MPK49 and Reason. If you liked the Triton, think about having the sampling and sound programs of a keyboard workstation with a rack full of processors and a visual sequencer. And no worries about syncing issues, output limitations or OS problems of an MPC, or spending $3000 on a Triton only to have a different one come out with new options in a year or two. With Reason, upgrades cost sometimes less than $100. Its got a great sampler in the NNXT, 3 synths, a drum machine, REX loop player and tons of compressors, reverbs, delays, parametric EQs, etc. You can buy refills and even synth models. I have the full Triton soundset and the Motif soundset that play right in Reason through the NNXT sampler. The sequencer now has MPC swing models and to me its so much easier seeing all of my tracks right in the song rather than making each track and then having to go "into" song mode. Also because everything is a midi note, you don't have to worry about track mutes because you can add, erase and move midi notes all you want. Make an 8-bar loop, copy and paste it as many times as you want and then arrange your midi notes right in front of you to create verses and choruses. Done. You can get Reason, a decent laptop, a firewire interface and a midi controller(Akai) for ~$1700, and almost have unlimited capabilities. If you like banging pads instead, just get an MPD32 or something. If you have a DAW like ProTools or Cubase, you can ReWire the Reason stereo mix or even each individual track into individual PT or Cubase tracks and add the power of VSTs to your Reason tracks and mix your vocals all in one place. I can't see doing studio work any other way. I'll keep my 2500 because I'm a gear junkie. But for work, my software setup makes life so much easier for me.

Now as for Boondoc. I agree, little man is beast on the 1k. Its obvious he is a skilled chopper and has an ear for good things to samples. And that's the key to his beats. I don't take nothin from him. Dude is beast.
By 4dahaterz Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:10 pm
Prophacee wrote:Like I wrote in the 2500 forum, you should think about getting a laptop, an interface, the Akai MPK49 and Reason.

Thanks for the Brief Service Announcement.... Now back to our regularly scheduled Program...
****MPC Forums.com****