MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By dfinke Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:15 pm
Does the VA Synth in the MPC5000 multitimbral functionality? If yes, how many different sounds could be played in parallel? If no, could I sample the VA synth to the harddisk or RAM and thus create such multitimbrality? Thx, Daniel
By ritec Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:08 pm
well it has 24 voices so I assume you can definitely play more than one patch at a time. up to 24 voices?

hope that helps I know it's vague.
By parameterized Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:56 am
Definitely multitimbral... I have a project going with 5 synth parts, no problems. Haven't messed with HD recording yet, but it looks like you can record off any of the outputs, so it seems there's at least one way to bounce individual tracks.
By scd Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:54 am
Yes, the VA synth is multimtimbral and the number of tracks is only limited by te number of voices you use per track at the same time.

Boele
By floatation Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:44 am
Now the question to everyone: how does it sound?
Typical VA synth?
Nice pads, bass, etc?
What would you compare it to? (Nord, JP 8000, etc)
thanks
By selecta jo Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:34 pm
i have no firsthand experience but since Akai/Numark owns Alesis i´d assume it sounds like an ion/micron/fusion and that is (at least to my ears) a very good, if not the best, va sound you can get without spending insane amounts of money...

peace jo