MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By stakato Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:35 am
Whenever I play a sequence starting from the first measure, the 5000 sets all of my external devices volumes to their max (ex:127). It only happens when I start from the first measure (ex: by pressing Play Start ) not when it loops. I have an mpc 500 and a 2000xl and I don't have this problem with those two.

Is anyone else having this problem?
By Lampdog Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:04 pm
One way .............Jacpot brought up something similar to this in another thread recently for the 2kxl, it's the same looking screen.

pg 39, 5k manual.
By zuckwheat Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:34 pm
The 5000 has a track mixer. The other MPCs only had pad mix. Looks like the track mixer determines what is sent to an external device. Just set all you volumes or pan in the track mixer. It should be saved with the sequence. I guess if you had any changes after that you could insert them in step edit or use the automation.
By 4dahaterz Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:03 pm
Actually, this function is a problem.... its not supposed to do that... I have been having this problem and talked with Akai tech support about it as well.... Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update
By 4dahaterz Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:19 am
stakato wrote:Zuckwheat's solution does work. Thanks.

Yes that will work... but thats not the way its supposed to work.... The MPC is not supposed to raise the volume up from its current state to 8 more db's
By scd Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:18 am
stakato wrote:Whenever I play a sequence starting from the first measure, the 5000 sets all of my external devices volumes to their max (ex:127). It only happens when I start from the first measure (ex: by pressing Play Start ) not when it loops. I have an mpc 500 and a 2000xl and I don't have this problem with those two.

Is anyone else having this problem?

You discovered a bug that kept me busy for some time not knowing what caused Logic to set all volume faders to +6 dB :lol: Now I know.

It already has been entered in the bugbase.
By tomazzzi Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:32 am
Hi SCD

Any way to add some bugs to the bug base ?

I send several mails to AKAI but no answer !!!!!!

Would be great if they care about their customers !!
By scd Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:04 am
tomazzzi wrote:Hi SCD

Any way to add some bugs to the bug base ?

I send several mails to AKAI but no answer !!!!!!

Would be great if they care about their customers !!

Sure, send me an email with the bugs PLUS a chain of events to reproduce them! Otherwise they will be ignored.

I will take care of entering them then.

To what email address did you send those emails?