MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By mmcerda Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:52 am
Hey, I've been using an mpc 2000xl for a couple of years now to play live. I recently decided to upgrade to an MPC5000 but can't manage to get my old files (MPC 2000) to play properly. Does anyone know what to do?
By Lampdog Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:14 am
Save individual 2k seq's as ->MID

2k ->PGM may be loadable in 5k but maybe only pad assignments will be carried over, no param settings
maybe because of different features between machines.

2k ->ALL, do the ->MID thing above to try and get around that.

2k APS, no clue.
By 4dahaterz Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:24 am
actually, only the 1000 programs, 2500, and 500 programs are transferable... thats been entered into the bug database supposedly about the 2000XL program files not working
By Lampdog Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:42 am
Yeah, that's why I said may be able to load, not sure but that is one thing that I would tried anyway just to see for myself if I was in the same situation.

maybe send your pgm and samples to a friend or someone via email with one of the aformentioned machines, that person resaves the pgm, then emails the pgm file back to you as
"1000 programs, 2500, and 500" pgm. Worth a try if someone will take time to experiment with you on that. Then you can try and load it.
By 4dahaterz Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:44 pm
Lampdog wrote:Yeah, that's why I said may be able to load, not sure but that is one thing that I would tried anyway just to see for myself if I was in the same situation.

maybe send your pgm and samples to a friend or someone via email with one of the aformentioned machines, that person resaves the pgm, then emails the pgm file back to you as
"1000 programs, 2500, and 500" pgm. Worth a try if someone will take time to experiment with you on that. Then you can try and load it.

Yeah, thats a good idea

By Lampdog Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:02 pm
I maynot have an answer sometimes but some ideas are worth looking into. :o
By mmcerda Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:27 pm
well I copied all the files from the mpc2000 on to the hard drive of the 5k but the programs are all wack, lemme' see if I figure something out. I'll try the 1000/2500/500 workaround. and let you know! Thanx for replying!
By Lampdog Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:02 pm
4dahaterz wrote:they say its always more then 1 way to skin a cat

Mmmmm, skinned cat...........

I think I had that in the Phillipines once or twice...

No joke...

I REALLY think I did.
By 4dahaterz Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:07 pm
Lampdog wrote:
4dahaterz wrote:they say its always more then 1 way to skin a cat

Mmmmm, skinned cat...........

I think I had that in the Phillipines once or twice...

No joke...

I REALLY think I did.

Not that cooch that you ate.... lol

nah, seriously, what kinda cat did you try :lol:

By Lampdog Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:16 pm
The ones that "meat on a stick" vendors sold on the street late night on the party strip where everyone walked in Olongapo, Subic, and Angeles City back in the day, lmao.