MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Fernando Valenzuela Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:49 pm
I'm looking to get a 5000.

What is a good price and what features should I need.

I'm very familiar with the 2000xl as I've had it for 8 years now. I know it pretty well inside and out.

I like that it has a synth and tracker on it. This will allow me to create some space in my music area.

I'm dumping my 2000xl, Motif rack and K station for 2 gs.
By 4dahaterz Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:46 pm
Whats up... I feel you coming from a MPC 2000XL for the last 8 or 9 years myself as well, now using a MPC 5000.

I luv the possibilities of it, but If I were you, Id just let go of the MPC 2000XL for the MPC 2500. And keep the Motif rack for now, or get another Rack.

the MPC 5000 still has some bugs that needs to be cleaned up.
By Fernando Valenzuela Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:55 pm
Thing is, if no rack in the deal, no $2,000.

I can pick up another rack later for cheaper.

I was thinking of the 2500 as well, but having the recorder and synth is really what I'm looking for. As soon as dude gets his bread, I'll have 2 gs in hand.

Thanks for your input.

What type of bugs are you talking about?
By 4dahaterz Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:11 am
Have a look at the OS 1.01 Bug Report... Also look at most of the threads in this forum to see what we are experiencing currently until the new OS Update comes out
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=96011
By tomazzzi Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:01 am
Also look at most of the threads in this forum to see what we are experiencing currently until the new OS Update comes out

Of course there s some minor bugs

But it s not really a problem

I can live with those bugs & wait for a futur update

I m working about 3 to 6 hours a day with the MPC 5000 & there s nothing that can avoid to make music !
By 4dahaterz Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:46 pm
tomazzzi wrote:
Of course there s some minor bugs

But it s not really a problem

I can live with those bugs & wait for a futur update

I m working about 3 to 6 hours a day with the MPC 5000 & there s nothing that can avoid to make music !

ok, thats with what you are doing with your MPC 5000... Believe me, the first day, I got my joint, and im at the house just making beats, until i started to use some of those actual features that I need in the studio... Thats why I posted that so he could see if he needed any of the features that are definitely bugs.... Just because you arent experiencing any problems during your production, might not be the same style production that hes currently use to.

Again, check some of the threads out.... If you feel like you can deal with all of the definite bugs as of right now, make it do what it do....
By Fernando Valenzuela Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:16 am
Well fellas, I had a chance to mess with one today at Sam Ash. Within 5 minutes I had a basic drum beat and a sample grooving. It was very easy to pick up. I didn't spend more than 10 minutes with it because I had somewhere to go, but it had me hooked.