MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Askia Shaheed Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:29 am
Teknokeyz wrote:yea... is it in stores yet. And I doubt I will ever see timbo with an MPC! He says his ARS-10 gets mad at him. besides he the best without one no need to fix a perfect ship.

I guess his ASR is mad as hell because it this video the Motif is getting some attention as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ZhIgJb ... re=related

By 4dahaterz Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:00 pm
Askia Shaheed wrote:
Teknokeyz wrote:yea... is it in stores yet. And I doubt I will ever see timbo with an MPC! He says his ARS-10 gets mad at him. besides he the best without one no need to fix a perfect ship.

I guess his ASR is mad as hell because it this video the Motif is getting some attention as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ZhIgJb ... re=related

not really... cause he is only using this Motif as a MIDI controller for the laptop
By Askia Shaheed Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:51 pm
That's because he most likely sampled all the presets/waveforms (from the Motif, Triton, etc) in the lap top......

Also...I am still trying to find a video where he is actually sequencing on the ASR........
By mdiddy05 Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:05 am
yeah i once was helping my friend move and he had an ASR-10. that thing is friggin, so to use it just as a midi controller, crazy, but then again they were at a studio so you might not know if it's even Timbo's. he could've just rented one out.
By mdiddy05 Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:07 am
Insted of posting one myself, was wondering what is some of your guys thoughts as the MPC 5000 being someones second mpc. My first is the mpc 1000, thought the machine was better than the mpc 2000 xl, i didn't like the pads and felt that certain things I invision doing wasn't working for me in the 1k(i haven't even used any of the JJ os) . So i was wondering if i should just upgrade to 2.5k or go blown out with the 5000. my friend keeps telling me to get a 4000 but i don't to be stop from making tracks by learning some complicated euipment. I can either go with the 2.5k with the R3 (this is why i asked about the synth in a previous post) or just go with the 5k. i should have enough money saved up after o finish my deployment. My experience with the 5k at GC was amazing. i loved the sound comming out of it the feel. i went to gutiar center wanting to hate on the 5k. but didn't holla back at me