MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Beg.Steal.Borrow. Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:50 pm
These things aren't cheap, and it seems like EVERYONE on this board is "saving up for" a 5k. For owners of the 5k, what did you do to get the money you needed to buy one?

Me personally, I've been hiking through **** rattlesnake infested hillsides while Northern California burns down. I took a job as a wildland firefighter for the sole purpose of being able to afford the 5k and some other studio goodies.
By Teknokeyz Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:43 am
7 1 4 Beats wrote:Do what your name says!

LMAO, but me i got me a job at best buy, and still currently saving. Only been working for a month and im almost there... to half-way. but yea im gonna follow ur name.
By Askia Shaheed Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:10 am
As soon as news broke that we were getting Economic Rebate Checks, I earmarked that money for the MPC 5000. That money plus the sale of my MPC 2500 was enough to cover the price of my MPC 5000.

For those they don't have the money on hand..simply use American Musical's payment plan. The only thing you need is a Checking account with a Visa Debit Card, and enough to cover the initial installment and the other 4 installments which will be every 31 days. Just sure you have enough in your account so you don't mess up your credit.
Last edited by Askia Shaheed on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Lampdog Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:57 am
Beg.Steal.Borrow. wrote:what did you do to get the money you needed to buy one?

Get a job.

Learn how to budget and save.

Read some money management magazine and try some of the practices out that might suite you
instead of reading remix, vibe and source tying to figure out why busta rhymes has a 5k or what
moonwalk to the future shoes are hot and not ??? ??? .

Re:

By Askia Shaheed Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:25 am
Lampdog wrote:
Beg.Steal.Borrow. wrote:what did you do to get the money you needed to buy one?

Get a job.

Learn how to budget and save.

Read some money management magazine and try some of the practices out that might suite you
instead of reading remix, vibe and source tying to figure out why busta rhymes has a 5k or what
moonwalk to the future shoes are hot and not ??? ??? .

I think reading Remix, Vibe, and the Source has nothing to do with saving money for an MPC5K. But seeing Busta Rhymes with an MPC 5000?? I need to get the cover blown up to place on my wall :P
By diegoeskryptic Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:04 pm
Askia Shaheed wrote:For those they don't have the money on hand..simply use American Musical's payment plan.

Be advised that AMS does a "credit check" which shows up on your credit report.

Be sure to check with AMS to see if their doing hard or soft credit checks. Hard checks will have a negative impact on your credit score.
By Askia Shaheed Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:17 pm
I wouldn't be alarmed because of a credit check. Even renting an apartment can result in a credit check. You just don't want too many credit checks in a short period of time (applying for credit cards) when you are about to apply for finance to make a major purchase (house, new car, etc).
By Heavie Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:48 am
As a union pipefitter I bring home $1100 a 40 hour week. So it wasn't a strain to get the money together.

By Lampdog Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:51 am
Askia Shaheed wrote:I think reading Remix, Vibe, and the Source has nothing to do with saving money for an MPC5K.

I'm sure you already read between the lines.

Your not naive but I'll say it anyway, read money management mags, learn, manage your loot, then you'll have enough for a 5k, satisfied now? :?