Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By distortedtekno Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:17 pm
Today, Cubasis went on sale for $29.99. I've been waiting for a few months to catch the sale again since I missed it around the holidays. I'm looking to buy it today and spend a good amount of time with it. I've been on the fence whether to wait until Auria Pro will be released. But I feel I'm better of with Cubasis, being a former Cubase user and preferring the layout and color scheme, which is much easier on the eyes. I've bought so many synths in the past 6 months, and it's about time that I have a DAW on my iPad to use them with. Are there any Cubasis users here? I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback from everyone.

http://appshopper.com/music/cubasis

PS- Thanks Tutor for modifying this sub-forum so we have a better place to discuss mobile apps. :worthy:
By distortedtekno Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:16 pm
1.9.5 just released today. :nod:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=81959

Cubasis 1.9.5 - Features, Improvements & Fixes

Features
∙ New MiniSampler to create own instruments in a snap
∙ 5 MiniSampler piano factory instruments based on HALion Sonic
∙ 16 Allen Morgan MiniSampler factory drum kits paired with 128 song-oriented MIDI patterns
∙ iOS 64-bit mode support (for supported iOS devices)
∙ Audiobus SDK 2.1.6
∙ New “Smear” demo song project

Improvements
CB-2277 Cubasis can now be assigned as Inter-app audio node
CB-2086 Folders remember their state after Cubasis has been restarted
CB-1116 Long tap on rewind button sets playhead to start position
CB-2215 Notification badge disappears once the shop button has been tapped

Fixes
CB-1993 Sharing large files via “Open with” now works as expected
CB-2049 Sharing larger files via Dropbox now works as expected
CB-2093 Fixes a problem where the use of Audiobus in connection with an external audio interface rendered Cubasis unreliable
CB-2087 Solves a problem where the transport controls of the Audiobus panel were missing in some cases
CB-2129 Fixes a rare problem where opening Dropbox during playback rendered Cubasis unreliable
CB-1948 Solves a rare issue where connecting particular audio devices resulted in distorted playback
CB-2085 Notes outside the locators will no longer play back when Cubasis has been set to cycle mode
CB-2074 Fixes a rare problem where edits in the audio editor could lead to a negative time offset error
CB-2080 Fixes a problem where track names were not restored properly after undo or redo.
CB-2088 Solves a cosmetic issue where the trash section has not been updated after an audio file has been deleted
CB-2078 Starting cycle playback in audio editor when loop markers have been set to identical positions no longer renders Cubasis unreliable
CB-2222 Changing the song position constantly while playback runs no longer renders Cubasis unreliable
CB-2229 Fixes a rare issue where performing file conversions slowed down the overall performance
CB-2336 Solves a problem where skipping the instrument selection in the inspector renders Cubasis unreliable
CB-2367 HiHat sounds in mute groups are no longer cut off

Cubasis 1.9.5 Teaser

Cubasis 1.9.5 MiniSampler Tutorial

Buy Cubasis until July 2 and save 40%!
Cubasis is on sale for $29.99 (40% off the reg price) from June 30 to July 2 2015!
By distortedtekno Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:59 pm
Today is the last day of the sale. Get it while it's still $20 off. So far, I'm really enjoying this app. It was worth the money, especially with the new features added. I still got a lot to learn, so I can't say much, other than it being fairly intuitive and an easy learning curve with the tutorial videos and the manual.