Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs

Which DAW are you using in 2015-16!?

9%
23%
23%
N/A
18%
23%
5%
By jonestown massacre Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:50 pm
Guys!

I know this has been beaten to death, and most of these products are mostly on par with one another, however............I'm asking anyways, lol.

I've used PT for a looong time, but I'm tired of the corporate shenanigans, paid customer support, annual updates (just to get to where other DAWs have been for a min.), etc.
My interface and most up to date paid version are no longer supported on the OS I need to run for pretty much every other piece of software I own, lol.
So I'm basically in search of some good sales people. Lol.

I know all the basics, just taking tally really. I highly doubt I'll spend money with Avid again and I'm sort of leaning towards Reaper.

I'm currently running a late 2009 iMac and using the Ren as an interface, FYI

Thanks for your input! :worthy: Again, I know it's been flogged like a dead horse, but polls are FUN! :lol:
By distortedtekno Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:45 am
I've been using Reason since I bought my Mac Mini a few years ago. But I'm considering Logic Pro eventually. You get a lot for $200. The only thing is that I haven't been using my Mac at all since I bought an iPad. Cubasis is my DAW of choice currently. I never cared much for Reaper. But if you like it, you can't go wrong for the price.
By jonestown massacre Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:45 pm
Thanks for your replies guys, keep them coming!
By distortedtekno Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:53 pm
I might end up buying Ableton next year considering they dropped Akai and made the Push 2 without them. Also the Link technology looks promising. Between that and how Korg Gadget imports projects into Ableton, it seems like the best solution for me.
By Paradox1 Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:17 pm
I have tried Demo versions of Ableton, Studio one, Cubase, Reaper
Abelton - Dont like it. maybe I just havent invested enough time into it
Studio one - I like it, may consider using it but I need to learn it more
Reaper - Pretty straight forward but I dont like the GUI, seems very basic
Cubase - Ive had a play around with this and I like it, just hard finding the time to play around with it.

Overall - I think Im swing more towards Cubase or reaper
By Keith's Lard Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:25 pm
I'm using Fl studio 7 with no plug ins (bare-bones edition) :lol:

I keep thinking i need an upgrade until i realize i don't know what i'm fully doing with this version yet. I like the look of Ableton though, i might treat myself when I've robbed a bank.
By Eyalc Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:31 am
I've been using Logic since 4.0.

The album in my signature... I used Logic Pro X for some of the instrumentation, and 100% of the mixing was done in Logic Pro X. Some Logic Pro effects, some waves and come universal audio.
By richie Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:34 am
Fruity Loops 2.0 man, before VSTi support was even done.
By T-Virus Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:39 am
Been using Ableton for 4 years now. Tried other DAWS and did not like them,for me Live makes the most sense. Plus I use Elektron gear and overbridge seems to work best with live. Reaper seems cool.
By peterpiper Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:20 am
ATM Reaper. I used Cubase for a long time cause thats what I started with (Cubase Atari). I also tried Sonar, Logic, PT and nearly every free DAW. Logic was cool too but since I only worked with it on a friends mac (I don't have one and don't want to have one) it was just for 2 projects.
Pro of Reaper IMO: small, fast, stable, unbelivable flexible, nice community and developers, price politics of cockos.
Con of Reaper: unbelivable flexible. Took me some time to learn how it works and I still havn't used all the things it provide but once you have managed to configurate the workspace as you like it, its very nice to work with.
BTW @Paradox: Do you know that you can change the GUI in a very, I mean a VERY flexible way? Like black sheep said "the choice is yours"

you can go with this

or you can go with that

you can go with this

or you can go with that

you can go with this

or you can go with that

you like Protools?

you like Logic?

you like Cubase?

Wait.....you/re more into that ableton live design right?

fan of analog console design?

Some might even like stuff like that (not me tho)

Want some crazy track icons :)

ok thats enough :)

For sample editing I still use Adobe Audition 1.5 (sometimes I make some basic loops in it too). For beatmaking its Modplug Tracker and of course hardware.

peace
By mr_debauch Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:14 am
richie wrote:Fruity Loops 2.0 man, before VSTi support was even done.

yeah haha... i still have a machine with fruity tracks on it haha...
By Paradox1 Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:19 pm
peterpiper wrote:ATM Reaper. I used Cubase for a long time cause thats what I started with (Cubase Atari). I also tried Sonar, Logic, PT and nearly every free DAW. Logic was cool too but since I only worked with it on a friends mac (I don't have one and don't want to have one) it was just for 2 projects.
Pro of Reaper IMO: small, fast, stable, unbelivable flexible, nice community and developers, price politics of cockos.
Con of Reaper: unbelivable flexible. Took me some time to learn how it works and I still havn't used all the things it provide but once you have managed to configurate the workspace as you like it, its very nice to work with.
BTW @Paradox: Do you know that you can change the GUI in a very, I mean a VERY flexible way? Like black sheep said "the choice is yours"

you can go with this

or you can go with that

you can go with this

or you can go with that

you can go with this

or you can go with that

you like Protools?

you like Logic?

you like Cubase?

Wait.....you/re more into that ableton live design right?

fan of analog console design?

Some might even like stuff like that (not me tho)

Want some crazy track icons :)

ok thats enough :)

For sample editing I still use Adobe Audition 1.5 (sometimes I make some basic loops in it too). For beatmaking its Modplug Tracker and of course hardware.

peace

Off to go uninstall the other demos and stick with Reaper lol

Thanks, I clearly haven't spend enough time experimenting on it
By JUKE 179r Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:15 pm
Got a 2015 MBP that I use with Logic, Ableton and Audacity.