Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By inflict3 Mon May 09, 2016 4:56 pm
Lampdog wrote:What ram mini?

i don't see anything on the apple site on the ram specs for the mini 2
By Lampdog Mon May 09, 2016 5:10 pm
Aww damn, I wrote ram when I should have written "space", ie, 16gb, 32gb?
I'm guessing you got the bigger 32gb.

Sorry for the confusion.
By distortedtekno Wed May 11, 2016 4:22 pm
LSlowak wrote:Dear all,

Cubasis has been updated to version 1.9.9 and includes several improvements and fixes for many user-reported problems and is recommended for all users.

Please support us by rating this app on the App Store if you like it!

Cubasis 1.9.9 - What’s New
CB-2752 Audio Unit extension preset support for instruments and effects.
CB-1282 MIDI port mappings are now properly saved with the project.
CB-2970 Resolves a random issue where undo/redo leads to multiple unexpected changes.
CB-2587 Fixes a problem where noise can appear when recording audio tracks.
CB-2861 Resolves a problem where the MIDI port routing gets mixed up when MIDI apps are opened or closed.
CB-2681 MIDI over Bluetooth connection no longer gets lost while MIDI data is being transmitted.
CB-2915 AU track renamings are now properly saved with the project.
CB-2894 Fixes a problem where Inter-App Audio effects connections can get lost when effects are not active.
CB-3000 Fixes an intermittent problem where loading an AU instrument or effect failed.
CB-2923 Resolves a problem where the user interface of an AU instrument is not properly updated when being reloaded.
CB-2979 Undo of deleting a frozen track is now possible with a single tap.

Best wishes,
Lars
By inflict3 Thu May 19, 2016 2:59 am
I've been having nothing but issues with cubasis and animoog, where if i use bm2 and animoog I don't have the same issues,. i love some of the synths and bm2 but so far i am not too much in love with cubasis, anyone have any recs of other apps,. caustic on android is still my fav. I'm hating the iOS storage and the files are not as accessible as on android., kinda regret buying a stupid IOS device, but these synth apps make it worth it
By Lampdog Thu May 19, 2016 3:38 am
Whether you like it or not, I will never stop giving u props for introducing me to Beatmaker 2.

Animoog, I love that **** thing! Wherher DT likes it or not I will never stop giving him props for introducing me to Animoog.

I don't use Cubasis so I can't speak on that.

Yes IOS file structure is seriously restrictive and totally non-user friendly but I knew that going in. Why I stay, because IOS has the most shit I want. Hate, can't stand Apple but I still say ipad3 is one of the best things that ever happened to me, because of the cheap production apps. The best sound module EVER.

BM2 and Animoog has never done me wrong, as virtual midi or virtual audio in via audiobus. BM2 has handled all my synth apps with ease. Could it be that BM2 is fighting for DAW supremacy with Cubasis?
By Lampdog Thu May 19, 2016 3:44 am
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mo ... start.html

Just read the specs again, looks like it will kill BM2. I like BM2 because it had fully editable kybds and deum pads, like crazy editable, sequencer and all the strength swing options I love, timeline daw (hatetime line) all in one app. Cubasis sounds like it can do all that and maybe more.
By distortedtekno Thu May 19, 2016 4:04 pm
inflict3 wrote:I've been having nothing but issues with cubasis and animoog, where if i use bm2 and animoog I don't have the same issues,. i love some of the synths and bm2 but so far i am not too much in love with cubasis, anyone have any recs of other apps,. caustic on android is still my fav. I'm hating the iOS storage and the files are not as accessible as on android., kinda regret buying a stupid IOS device, but these synth apps make it worth it

What kind of issues are you having with Cubasis and Animoog?
By inflict3 Fri May 20, 2016 6:14 pm
It will work at first, animoog and cubasis, then all of a sudden when I'm using the midi and having it record the audio it will not work anymore, I will try and load another instance of animoog on a new track and I get error msg. And can't select animoog,. This does not happen in bm2 at all,. So I'm guessing the work around is just use bm2 and maybe use cubasis later with only audio tracks.....any other dope daws for this thing?? How is impcpro?. So far I'm missing caustic,. But for those dope sample chopping hip hop beats bm2 is the shit
By Lampdog Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:58 pm
Stop interrupting and just play the **** sounds, geez. This is why I hate **** videos.

Anyway, thanks for sharing coolderb!
By distortedtekno Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:08 am
Most of the problems with synths running in Cubasis or other DAWs seem to be related to IAA instabilities. So thats why I probably havent used Animoog with it in a while. AU synths like iSEM and Viking have been a hell of a lot more stable in Cubasis for me. I'll have to try Bassalicious with Cubasis, now that I have some time. I'm not sure about buying the In App purchase yet since I wasn't too happy with the sound of the filters. But I'll weigh it all out before the intro offer is up.

Speaking of AUs, we'll soon have a drum synth AU from the maker of HammerHead Rhythm Station in the '90s. It's called Ruismaker.He made a hardware prototype, but needs more funds. So he's releasing the AU first. Looking forward to loading them up in Cubasis soon.

https://medium.com/@brambos/ruismaker-whats-happening-8d3045c804ab#.q38w3ay16

By distortedtekno Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:25 pm
I bought Ruismaker right away. Been looking forward to it,.

DRC Polyphonic Synthesizer is on sale today. $2 for the in-app purchase. Regular price is $15. Don't sleep on it!

DRC - Polyphonic Synthesizer by Imaginando, Sociedade Unipessoal Lda
https://appsto.re/us/EB6_5.i

It's got Ableton Link too!
:smoker: