Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Tomes Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:22 am
So, i have been using ipad for music making for quite a while, and got an mpc5000 few days ago. Im currently using the ipad as a sound module, some sample preparation with beatmaker 3, fx module for hardware synth and planning to also use it to draw sequences when i have some need for it. Will also likely export stems to it to put the song together on it(or i might just use ableton for this, not sure yet), when i get something done with the mpc.

Im wondering if someone has an ios mpc setup, in what ways are you using them together? What apps(non sound source) you use? Any tips or tricks for the setup?
By Tomes Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:24 pm
Lampdog wrote:http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=162043&hilit=tablet+apps

I checked it briefly, but people seem to be talking about ios apps separately from mpc, so nothing new for me really. Thanks anyways :)
By saltmcgault Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:11 pm
Tomes wrote:So, i have been using ipad for music making for quite a while, and got an mpc5000 few days ago. Im currently using the ipad as a sound module, some sample preparation with beatmaker 3, fx module for hardware synth and planning to also use it to draw sequences when i have some need for it. Will also likely export stems to it to put the song together on it(or i might just use ableton for this, not sure yet), when i get something done with the mpc.

Im wondering if someone has an ios mpc setup, in what ways are you using them together? What apps(non sound source) you use? Any tips or tricks for the setup?

i've been using my phone to get samples from iTunes/youtube and just record in my mpc then track it out on ableton live 9 after i chop up what i like and create sequences. get those samples any way you can! hope this gives you ideas.
By Cockdiesel Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:15 am
I've been using the mpc live to program soft synths on my iPad, some really dope apps besides synths too. With the right interface, thier cheap, you can get some quality audio to track into the mpc.

My favs lately have been korg mono/poly, boarderlands, BeatMaker 3 is dope but I like doing it on a bigger box.

?

By Lampdog Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:51 am
Tomes wrote:
Lampdog wrote:http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=162043&hilit=tablet+apps

I checked it briefly, but people seem to be talking about ios apps separately from mpc, so nothing new for me really. Thanks anyways :)

You didn't post in the thread at all to see if people had some setup tips for you.
I was introduced to BM2 by someone who uses it with mpc. Alot of people do. I connect it to my 4k and
sometimes 2kxlse2 (because it has the softestestest pads ever). Track everything in BM3 or 4k, however I feel
that day.
By Tomes Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:56 am
saltmcgault wrote:i've been using my phone to get samples from iTunes/youtube and just record in my mpc then track it out on ableton live 9 after i chop up what i like and create sequences. get those samples any way you can! hope this gives you ideas.

Yea the first thing i did with the setup was to sample from youtube on iphone to ipad using bm3 to polish the sample a bit and then sampled that to the mpc :)

Cockdiesel wrote:I've been using the mpc live to program soft synths on my iPad, some really dope apps besides synths too. With the right interface, thier cheap, you can get some quality audio to track into the mpc.

My favs lately have been korg mono/poly, boarderlands, BeatMaker 3 is dope but I like doing it on a bigger box.

Yea i have been using ipad as my main daw for a while and have spent like 500+€ on apps(and other gear with my ios setup is iphone se, air2, focusrite 6i6, steinberg ur22 mkii, minibrute se, yamaha cs6x synth, turntable, rack eq and compressor + bunch of guitars and basses and a mic), so i have that pretty well covered ;) Also i have been using bm3 for quite a while(am on beta). Mono/poly seems interesting, but i already have way too many synths(yes, it is possible to get too many ios synths ;D ) and recently i have stayed away from non au synths and effects, but im not sure if moving to mpc would make more convenient to use IAA or even standalone, than when using bm3 for example. Borderlands is a nice idea, it didnt seem very interesting before, so i just skipped it, but looking at it from the perspective of being used with the mpc, it does seem worthy of looking into more, thanks.

Btw. how do you manage your mpc ipad setup? Like do you load everything to AUM and save the preset? Also im kinda interested on using program changes with this, but i never used them and dont quite get how it should be set up. Do you use program changes to manage sounds?