Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By diegoeskryptic Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:14 am
jmessyuk1 wrote:
diegoeskryptic wrote:
Jacpot wrote:
Heres my ideal set up. Program all drums on the mpc Then use Reaper like a sound module which I can trigger sounds with using my mpc pads or a keyboard. Keep in mind I have 0 experience with this, all I really do is sync reaper to mpc for tracking. Help!

On my 5k, I select a track, and turn the midi channel (on that track) to channel 1. Then I go to Reaper and set the midi channel in Reaper to channel 1.

Now when I hit the pad on the MPC, you should see midi activity bar move in reaper.

Its just that simple, the same applies in reverse... it just comes down to how you setup the midi sync options for your MPC (MPC master or slave? Reaper master or slave?)

This template is DUMB EASY to use, not sure how some folks are having issues with it.

do you have your MPC (master) Reaper (slave) or other way around?

reason i ask is i have the MPC as master and set up using MTC and MMC but im gettin some delays with Reaper when i go to record.

BTW, thanx for the template cause once i got my sht up and running properly this template is actually dope.

Use this tutorial to help. Reaper is much like cubase. Play around with it a bit. You'll get it dialed in...

http://www.akaipro.com/synccubase
By footswitch Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:40 am
hey clint ,,would u be so kind to point me a link or tutorial on how u use logic with the mpc?..would like to try that,,thanks
By MGStudios Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:09 am
This is cool, but how do you get it so when you hit RECORD on reaper it instantly plays the MPC and records the AUDIO that is playing...cause when I'm doing this I'm just getting midi.
By Clint Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:03 pm
It's a midi template set up for using Reaper as a sound module with the MPC.

Sounds like you want to sync the two if you want to record audio too.
By peeping tom Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:11 am
i track out my mpc using this lock up method but record audio from stereo outs rather than midi. Doesnt tkae that long to track out each track using this method

Basically have reaper set to external timecode sync MTC 25. Inputs i have selcted my um-one - all inputs.

now on the mpc set midi sync to MTC 25 aswell.

I USE A ROLAND UM ONE AND IT WORKS FINE :)

NOTE: if using reaper to sequence, make a 2 bar or 4 bar loop in the mpc and make ALL YOUR TRACKS in that. change ups the lot. we only need one sequence with all the layers in it to track out.

Put a blank one bar sequence on the mpc, same tempo as your main - and i usually put a snare in it so i know when its played. DO THIS BECAUSE IT TAKES REAPER HALF A BAR OR SO TO CATCH UP WITH THE TIMECODE, AND IF YOU DONT BASICALLY YOU LOSE HALF YOUR BAR.. in reaper, arm audio to record, box will flash say its waiting for timecode/

Go to track mute, mute everything in your main sequence but what you want recorded.

Hit play from start of song on mpc. once its done its loop hit stop, save it and arm next track. Repeat untill all your tracks are in, its childsplay now, just trim the startof that blank bit containing the single snare and move the tracks to the start point - all tracks should stay aligned.

Sit back, rub hands together and make money.

Message me if your stuck.
By kneebone77 Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:09 pm
Utilized the template just now. Took a little bit to figure it all out, but that half hour or so was well worth my frustrations. 8) The $h!t just works! I've already been using reaper as my main multitrack recorder for well over a year and now with the addition of this it's a wrap. Using Reaper to control VST's from the MPC works far better than any other method I've encountered.
DOPE!
By peeping tom Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:08 am
glad you dug it fam.

Yeh using the MPC to control VST's is great, i have considered the muse receptor more than once i reckon would be great to have a hardware version of VST's. lately i have been using a usb keyboard to control hardware synth by running midi outs from Reaper, only problem is the midi needs to be recorded otherwise you get no playback, where as in FL i can just play, without recording, and it will trigger the synth.........

Thats probably another thread lol

i find Reaper to be fairly average when it comes to midi editing, its getting better
By -niN Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:58 pm
Yeah, this thread is oooold.. I'm aware of that :arrow:
I'm about to midi up my MPC 2500 with Jjos 2 V 1.17 ..
My question is: does this template work with the new reaper?
Reaper has changed a little since 09 right?
Also: I want to use the MP to record envelope automations and stuff like that mainley, because it's tedious doing these things per mouseclick.
The template includes stuff like that right?
By peeping tom Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:45 am
try the link for the template i posted this year (or last year) works fine :)

I;m not sure man, i record midi from it, so as long as the MPC is mapped to automation i cant see why not, the Q-links have a option to send CC messages, maybe look into that?

I dont do much of that sorry man
By Lampdog Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:34 pm
Damn, you still rock xp. I don't even know what to say to that. I loved xp to, but, ok.
I also have auditon cs which I taught to a friend last week even, lol.

vst's in 1gb of ram would be stretching it on an old pc unless your using that era's vst's.

Reaper is not free, it tells you in the opening dialog, lol.
By richie Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:36 pm
bennieVof wrote:Thanks Mr Gold Lettering.
Im wondering if trying to use Vsts might be a bit much on a old pc with 1gb ram and about 140gb hard drive space?

Im not upgrading from Xp, I like XP
Any adive would be appreciated.
PEEEEEEEAAAAACCCEEEEEE.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but you could take the hard drive out of your slow ass computer and put it in a more "recent" workstation and reap all the benefits. A few months back, I took a hard drive from an XP machine and put it in a HP Z600 workstation, everything detected fine and I've been using it everyday.

You can easily find the machine for about $100-150 depending on the CPU speed, this one has 2x 6core xeon X5690's 3.4ghz, so you get a total of 24 threads and 24 gig of ECC ram, although XP only detects 4 gig of it if you're running 32 bit windows. It also has a native pci port on it so your old PCI sound card and scsi card will totally fine. I do not get and clicks or pops.

You should seriously consider doing this. Even a single cpu model, the HP Z400 can be found for about $80-100 and will be light years better than that computer you're running.