Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By diegoeskryptic Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:30 am
jmessyuk1 wrote:thanks for this...

(dont burn me for this question) :lol:

once i have dwnloaded it how do i use it?

once you download it, save it in the templates folder (which should be whereever you installed Reaper)..

open reaper, go to >FILE> OPEN PROJECT> then select the reaper template (it should be named MPC.rpp..

you can set reaper so that everytime it opens, it opens to the MPC template instead of the default...
By Clint Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:00 pm
diegoeskryptic wrote:Its pretty self explanatory and will make using reaper a breeze...

For the benefit of those who do not currently use REAPER, can someone describe what this template does or can do if being used with an MPC?

Thanks for sharing that template diegoskryptic.
By diegoeskryptic Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:41 pm
clint246clint wrote:
diegoeskryptic wrote:Its pretty self explanatory and will make using reaper a breeze...

For the benefit of those who do not currently use REAPER, can someone describe what this template does or can do if being used with an MPC?

I ripped the template off my Open Labs Neko keyboard.

basically its 16 midi channels that correspond to the midi channels of your MPC or whatever external drummachine/synth is being used.

So if I turn to midi channel 3 on the mpc and hit a pad, midi channel 3 in reaper will get triggered.

or I can set Reaper to Master and track out each channel at once or individually...
By Clint Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:20 pm
Thanks mans, I think im gonna try this REAPER on the laptop and see what all the fuss is about. My main DAW is Logic Studio.
By MessyBeatz Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:33 pm
i can not seem to get my head around this midi stuff... lol

im trying to get my mpc1000 synced to reaper but cant do it.

i have done the following already is there anything im doing wrong:

as things stand i have midi out(A) (mpc) and midi in(A) (computer).
i have also done mode+9 (mpc) and changed the settings there to:
snyc out - A master
mode - midi time code
frame rate - 30
send mmc - on

then in reaper...

go to OPTIONS > PREFERENCES
go to MIDI DEVICES, setup your midi input port (and o/p if you need it), make sure you enable input and input for control messages. then apply that.

go to the play button in the transport bar and right click it
select ENABLE SYNCHRONIZATION TO TIMECODE
set it to MTC on your midi port
select START PLAYBACK ON VALID TIMECODE WHEN STOPPED
By diegoeskryptic Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:17 pm
jmessyuk1 wrote:i can not seem to get my head around this midi stuff... lol

im trying to get my mpc1000 synced to reaper but cant do it.

i have done the following already is there anything im doing wrong:

as things stand i have midi out(A) (mpc) and midi in(A) (computer).
i have also done mode+9 (mpc) and changed the settings there to:
snyc out - A master
mode - midi time code
frame rate - 30
send mmc - on

then in reaper...

go to OPTIONS > PREFERENCES
go to MIDI DEVICES, setup your midi input port (and o/p if you need it), make sure you enable input and input for control messages. then apply that.

go to the play button in the transport bar and right click it
select ENABLE SYNCHRONIZATION TO TIMECODE
set it to MTC on your midi port
select START PLAYBACK ON VALID TIMECODE WHEN STOPPED

Did you ask your question on the reaper forums?
By diegoeskryptic Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:18 pm
jmessyuk1 wrote:yh but no1 seemed to have got bk to me. lol

be patient and keep reading the manual. Your asking questions that are right in the good book..

you need to go read up on midi too... www.tweakheadz.com tutorials are excellent..
By Jacpot Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:49 pm
diegoeskryptic wrote:
clint246clint wrote:

I ripped the template off my Open Labs Neko keyboard.

basically its 16 midi channels that correspond to the midi channels of your MPC or whatever external drummachine/synth is being used.

So if I turn to midi channel 3 on the mpc and hit a pad, midi channel 3 in reaper will get triggered.

or I can set Reaper to Master and track out each channel at once or individually...

But what sounds are you triggering? I was just actually trying to do this last night in Reaper. Are you using the mpc to control a VSTI?

Heres my ideal set up. Program all drums on the mpc Then use Reaper like a sound module which I can trigger sounds with using my mpc pads or a keyboard. Keep in mind I have 0 experience with this, all I really do is sync reaper to mpc for tracking. Help!
By diegoeskryptic Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:14 pm
Jacpot wrote:
Heres my ideal set up. Program all drums on the mpc Then use Reaper like a sound module which I can trigger sounds with using my mpc pads or a keyboard. Keep in mind I have 0 experience with this, all I really do is sync reaper to mpc for tracking. Help!

On my 5k, I select a track, and turn the midi channel (on that track) to channel 1. Then I go to Reaper and set the midi channel in Reaper to channel 1.

Now when I hit the pad on the MPC, you should see midi activity bar move in reaper.

Its just that simple, the same applies in reverse... it just comes down to how you setup the midi sync options for your MPC (MPC master or slave? Reaper master or slave?)

This template is DUMB EASY to use, not sure how some folks are having issues with it.
By MessyBeatz Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:16 pm
diegoeskryptic wrote:
Jacpot wrote:

On my 5k, I select a track, and turn the midi channel (on that track) to channel 1. Then I go to Reaper and set the midi channel in Reaper to channel 1.

Now when I hit the pad on the MPC, you should see midi activity bar move in reaper.

Its just that simple, the same applies in reverse... it just comes down to how you setup the midi sync options for your MPC (MPC master or slave? Reaper master or slave?)

This template is DUMB EASY to use, not sure how some folks are having issues with it.

do you have your MPC (master) Reaper (slave) or other way around?

reason i ask is i have the MPC as master and set up using MTC and MMC but im gettin some delays with Reaper when i go to record.

BTW, thanx for the template cause once i got my sht up and running properly this template is actually dope.
By Jacpot Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:29 pm
diegoeskryptic wrote:
Jacpot wrote:

Ok Ill check this out when Im done with this current beat im working on