Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By distortedtekno Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:42 am
mr.pleasant wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:I still haven't taken the plunge yet. But for all my needs, I most definitely will.
Reason 6 is awesome, But there's no MIDI OUT. So I can't track and sync my x0xb0x. I tried Ableton Live Lite since it came free with my new audio interface. But unfortunately it's only 32 bit. I can get the job done with Reaper, but I honestly don't wanna pay $60 for a Mac OS Beta... no thanks. Still feels too Windows-centric in many ways that tell me not to bother. All the guitar pedals and amps in Logic already justify the cost on top of having MIDI OUT, ReWire 64, and some good VSTs. Yeah I gotta do this and not bother with Cheaper... I mean Reaper. Logic is clearly the missing ingredient here in the lab and definitely next on my list. :)

don't shy down from logic.... its thee only way to go in these days of times

I've been wanting to work with Logic since it was available for Windows. It's come a long way and at such a price I can't ignore. I'm looking to buy as soon as I come up with the money. The Reason/Logic combo is perfect, and it'll be even better for my acid-tekno projects with the x0xb0x. :D
By distortedtekno Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:33 pm
fasttrackpimp wrote:$199 sounds awesome, but how long is that additional 19GB in-app download gonna take? :lol:

Yeah that's best left downloading overnight. Some people complain about it when it's so simple. Same with Reason 6, and that's less of a download. :lol:
By tapedeck Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:45 pm
you know what's weird - before it was $199 in the app store, it was like ~$500 for boxed version (maybe more), but it was $150 academic (great deal if you know people at a school). since it's gone into the app store, the boxed academic version is $499?!

maybe the mac store i was at were idiots - but that is for sure what the pricetag said and apple doesnt generally mess around with varying pricetags.
By distortedtekno Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:04 am
tapedeck wrote:you know what's weird - before it was $199 in the app store, it was like ~$500 for boxed version (maybe more), but it was $150 academic (great deal if you know people at a school). since it's gone into the app store, the boxed academic version is $499?!

maybe the mac store i was at were idiots - but that is for sure what the pricetag said and apple doesnt generally mess around with varying pricetags.

Wow. sounds like someone at the Apple Store got their pricing all wrong. :lol:
By mr.pleasant Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:23 am
regardless........ its a steal, & as for downloading, i would wait all day at that price..
sum people gwan too foolish,,,, think bout it.. $199....
tell mi any other software that has its capability ( besides reaper, & it still doesn't compare )............... at that price !!!... now back to it :wink: :lol:
By distortedtekno Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:05 pm
mr.pleasant wrote:regardless........ its a steal, & as for downloading, i would wait all day at that price..
sum people gwan too foolish,,,, think bout it.. $199....
tell mi any other software that has its capability ( besides reaper, & it still doesn't compare )............... at that price !!!... now back to it :wink: :lol:

Oh yeah it's definitely a steal at that price. Still cheaper than what I paid for Cubase back in '99 ($299), and a hell of a lot more capable! :)
By distortedtekno Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:12 pm
Anyone using the guitar pedals and amp models inside Logic?
I love what I've experimented with so far in GarageBand, and looking forward to having more with Logic.
With that in mind, I can actually think of one more thing to complete my studio... a good MIDI foot controller... one with a volume/wah pedal to control the wah wah of course. I can't get over how good the damn thing sounds, to be honest with you. So I put off on buying any more pedals in favor of Logic (even though the Digitech HardWire pedals are amazing).
By mr.pleasant Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:56 pm
distortedtekno wrote:Anyone using the guitar pedals and amp models inside Logic?
I love what I've experimented with so far in GarageBand, and looking forward to having more with Logic.
With that in mind, I can actually think of one more thing to complete my studio... a good MIDI foot controller... one with a volume/wah pedal to control the wah wah of course. I can't get over how good the damn thing sounds, to be honest with you. So I put off on buying any more pedals in favor of Logic (even though the Digitech HardWire pedals are amazing).

i haven't got into the guitar portion of it,,, but my homebwoi was sayin that he can
midi to his pedal or sumthing.... Man, just scratchin surface with this software, & everyday i fall more in love with it !!!.....
By tapedeck Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:55 pm
for what its worth, distorted, ive messed with syncing my x0x to logic with less than stellar results - it just doesnt sound 'tight', like it drifts and then drifts back. it's subtle, but it's definitely not 'tight' like the mpc syncing it.

however the timing in logic internally is fine, so generally what i do is set the mpc to the same tempo, fire it off on beat, and let the mpc still handle all my sync duties. it all lines up later no problem.
By distortedtekno Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:40 pm
tapedeck wrote:for what its worth, distorted, ive messed with syncing my x0x to logic with less than stellar results - it just doesnt sound 'tight', like it drifts and then drifts back. it's subtle, but it's definitely not 'tight' like the mpc syncing it.

however the timing in logic internally is fine, so generally what i do is set the mpc to the same tempo, fire it off on beat, and let the mpc still handle all my sync duties. it all lines up later no problem.

I was using the MPC1000 as a middle-man to sync and record the x0xb0x while Reason plays along. I was recording Audio Tracks on the JJ OS and bouncing them to Reason. But since I sold the MPC, I gotta have something to sync up the x0xb0x. I really hope I don't encounter the same problem in Logic as you have, because I'm counting on it to handle that and a whole lot more between ReWiring to Reason, as well as the guitar amp/pedal sims to complete all my needs.
By distortedtekno Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:43 pm
mr.pleasant wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:Anyone using the guitar pedals and amp models inside Logic?

i haven't got into the guitar portion of it,,, but my homebwoi was sayin that he can
midi to his pedal or sumthing.... Man, just scratchin surface with this software, & everyday i fall more in love with it !!!.....

Yeah I definitely want to be able to control the wah wah pedal inside Logic with a foot controller. By any chance, is your boy using a Digitech Whammy?
http://www.digitech.com/en/products/whammy