Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Mike Boogie Wed May 09, 2012 11:24 pm
I have a MAJOR issue on my hands here involving Reason and any DAW I've had the misfortune of trying this on.

Peep it,

I made a track that I sequenced on my 4k using mostly Reason instruments, keep in mind that I did not use the Reason sequencer at all. Just every drum hit and instrument plays live from the triggering from the MPC. Every instrument is on its OWN MIDI track and lined up accordingly and with Reason loaded by itself, the sequence plays flawlessly.

Now on to the confusing part...

Anytime I attempt to record the sequence into a DAW with any type of sync, one of the instruments in Reason does not want to play correctly. The instrument is a combinator called Clarity which is a HEAVILY arpeggiated synth sound. Any time any type of sync is in place the arpeggiator craps the bed... This happens only to this track, which is an intricate part of the melody.

I have tested this in both SONAR X1 and ProTools. The 'reason' I keep going on about it is that there should be some documentation of it and I have searched high and low for an answer.

What to you guys think is up? I know there are some hellified Reason users in here. Andy, you know something?! (looks at Tutor)
By Funkydrops Thu May 10, 2012 12:55 pm
What if... you render that part to WAV into the MPC? I'm assuming here you can do that trick input thru while playing on the 4000 as you can with JJOS...

If not, just grab internally (plenty of freebies to do that) the audio from reason playing just that track, THEN import back the wav file into the 4000.

This is how I would proceed, because it seems that your arpeggiator inside the combi is not in synchro with the MPC via rewire+midi... and I think that you already attempted to Troubleshoot that!!!
By Mike Boogie Thu May 10, 2012 3:07 pm
Yeah you're right. I need to try some work-arounds. Like recording the synth itself into to DAW with no sync and 'slip' it into place.

I figured someone could me an explaination into why it's not working. I know it's directly related to Reason now, but I was thinking that the MPC was spitting out bad MTC or something.
This type of stuff is supposed to "JUST WORK"(sigh)
By KevWestBeats Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:33 am
Rewire is screwed up in Sonar so that does not surprise me at all. What I would do (which is a long work around I know and annoying as hell to me too as a Reason/Sonar X1 user) is send the midi from the mpc into Sonar's sequencer unrewired. Export the midi track from Sonar and import it to Reason's sequencer bounce the tracks to audio from Reason and import it all to whatever host you want to use. This should work but honestly I gave up trying to use hardware sequencers with Reason in that fashion years ago.